Chapter Twenty-Six

I woke up this morning and of course told the girls everything that happened. They were happy for Alex that he finally has closure now and they were happy for me that I am just one step closer to being only Brady's.

There's just one thing wrong with that.

There is still one more step until I'm all Brady's, and that step involves Riley.

To be honest, I was confident that I wouldn't have feelings for Alex, but when it comes to Riley, I'm scared. When I kissed him during spin the bottle, sparks. When he kissed me in the gazebo, sparks. What if I do feel something for Riley and just didn't know it?

But then again, both of those kisses were before I dated Brady. That could just have been before?

I have no clue. So, I decided that I needed to do the kiss test on Riley, also. Not to just give him closure, but because I needed to figure things out as well.

I told the girls that and they agreed. I felt kind of weird saying that in front of Kayleigh.. I mean, they dated. It's girl code! But Kayleigh said she was totally fine with it, just like I did to Lexie when she liked Alex.

So, I ran to the Blue cabin and opened the door. I looked around for Riley and I saw him. Brady was standing beside him and his smile flashed at me.

Brady says, "Hey, Grace!"

I exhale and have to keep from saying, 'You aren't allowed to be so happy to see me when you're the one who caused this break!' Instead, I fake a smile back and say, "Hiya! Can I talk to Riley?"

Brady's smile lowers just a tad, but he nods and Riley is pushed my way by a really tall guy. I'm assuming that's Ben, their Veteran. Riley doesn't stumble under Ben's push, he just walks and opens the cabin door, letting me out then following me.

Riley asks, "What's up, Gravy?" He stops walking right in front of Blue.

I am definitely not doing this here. I say, "Come on," and motion for him to follow me.

I look around camp and am totally lost as to where to lead him. We can't go in the gazebo. The trails! I start walking off to the trails, Riley keeping step beside me, totally lost as to what we're doing. In no time, I've lead us to the middle of the trails, right by the Purple tree.

Riley catches his breath and says, "If you've turned into a crazy murderer and brought me to the middle of the trails to make sure no one could hear you kill me, I'm a loud screamer."

"I'm not a murderer, Butter."

"That's what murderers always say."

"Butter! I'm not going to kill you!" I say, laughing.

He laughs along with me and asks, "What's up then?"

Hmmm.. how do I start this off? I can't just say, 'Hey, Riley. You should kiss me to see if I like you or not! Deal?'

Riley interrupts my thoughts by saying, "If you're mentally deciding whether or not to pull out a knife and stab me, I plead that you decide against it."

"I'm not going to stab you!"

"Please don't shoot me, either."

"Riley Leighton Travis, I am not going to kill you! I'm trying to think of how to say this!"

He starts jumping up and down, faking like he's boxing someone. "Bring it on me! Tell it to me straight!"

I exhale slowly, then I say, "I need you to kiss me."

He quickly says, "Alright."

I put my hands out and ask, "You're not even going to ask why?"

He cocks his head to the side and says, "Grace, why would I ask you why you need me to kiss you? I really don't care what the reason is."