Chapter Eleven

"I need your help," says Riley to me whilst we sit by the lake.

"With what?" I ask.

"I need a cute way to ask Kayleigh out." He smiles shyly.

I throw my arms up and yell, "FINALLY!!"

He laughs and says, "What?!"

"Finally you're going to tell her! I was about to go insane!"

"Yeah, yeah. Just help me!"

"Well, you could ask her out tonight. When it's dark, tell her to meet you here, by the lake, and just tell her how you feel about her." I have a flashback of Alex and I hugging by the beach but quickly shake the thought away.

I've been away from him for six days now. At most times, I completely forget. But then, at random times when I see him I remember the dance, Mandee, Addie, everything we went through and my heart cracks.

Brady has been my knight in shining armor lately. Everytime I think of him, Brady knows and immediately does something to cheer me up. Yesterday I saw Mandee talking with Alex at the lunch table and Brady stood on an empty table and started doing the chicken dance.

On other hands, Lexie and Danny are still going strong. They get cuter everyday. She tells me how perfect he is, all of this nice stuff about him and they're really perfect together. Ella and Haley.. no one knows. They don't talk and they randomly disappear at times but no one really notices or cares.

Riley and Kayleigh have been getting closer and closer. Kayleigh has started smiling 24/7 and the flirtatious hair flips reoccur more and more rapidly. And Brady and I.. we're just Brady and I.

"That sounds like an amazing idea." Riley says, smiling. I knew it would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We have to!" I whisper at Brady.

"I am not going to the lake to watch Riley ask Kayleigh out!" He says.

"BUT WE HAVE TO!"

"Why do we have to?! Thats invading his privacy!"

"I gave him the idea on how to ask her! I just want to see if my plan works or not."

"You know it'll work."

"Yes, I do. Because it was my idea." I say, smiling.

"Then we don't need to go." He winks at me.

"BUT WE HAAAVE TO!!" I yell while shaking him by the shoulders.

"FINE!"

"Yessss!" I say, hopping up and doing my victory dance. He just laughs.

"Let's go!" I say, running out of the door.

Brady follows and says, "Shh!" while putting his arm over my shoulder. We sneak over to the lake, hiding behind buildings so that we're not seen.

We see Kayleigh and Riley sitting at the edge of the lake, right next to each other and her head on his shoulder. I hear Riley humming, and yes, I know it's Riley because he humms 24/7. And because Kayleigh's voice isn't that low... duh.

"They're so cute," I whisper to Brady. We sit beside a tree and it's dark enough that they can't see us if they looked, but we can see them perfectly.

"They are." He says while I sit imbetween his legs and he puts his arms around my waist.

"Can you hear them?" I ask.

"I don't think they're talking."

"Ask her, ask her, ask her, ask her!" I chant, whispering.

"Hey, Kayleigh?" says Riley.

"OH MY GOD HERE IT COMES!!" I whisper shout at Brady and he shushes me again.

"Yeah?" She asks.

"I have to tell you something."

"What's up?" She asks, leaning up and facing him.

"Well, um, it's just, I really like you and I was wondering if you liked me, too...?"

I squeeze Brady's hand to have to stop myself from squealing.

"Yes, yes I do." She says quietly.

"Really?"

"Yes." She says, laughing.

"Will you, Kayleigh, officially be my girlfriend?" He asks, kneeling up and pretending to propose. It reminds me of when he proposed to me with Ring Pops.

She laughs and says, "I do."

He goes to hug her but loses his balance  and falls on top of her. They both burst out laughing.

I get up and Brady whispers, "What are you doing?!"

But I'm already running towards them. "On the first day of dating? Already? Come on, guys." I say, standing over them while Brady appears beside me.

Kayleigh blushes and Riley says, "We decided to move quickly."

"NO WE DIDN'T!!" Kayleigh says, hitting his arm and pushing him off of her.

"So did we." Brady says, putting his arm around my waist and I say, "Oh, yeah!" We both laugh.

Riley looks between us then smiles.

"Okay, we'll leave you alone. Just wanted to say congratulations." I say, smiling at Riley.

"Thank you," says Riley. Kayleigh is too busy smiling at him.

"Thank you," she says, blushing when she realizes we were all watching her.

Brady and I walk back to my cabin.

"I'm glad we went to watch." He says.

"I told you it would work."

"You did, you told me." He says, putting his arms up in surrender.

I laugh and hug him and he hugs me back. "See you tomorrow." I say, smiling.

"See you in my dreams." He says, winking.

I just laugh. "Can't wait."