Chapter Nineteen

After breakfast, pancakes.. yum, Lexie slips on her Toms and says, "I want to tell Alex that I'm starting to like him."

"You've only liked him for a few days now!" I point out. She moves incredibly fast.

"There's only seventeen days of camp left! It's now or never!"

"No, there's only seventeen days of camp left so you aren't even really going to be able to start a relationship! It'll just start then you'll have to say goodbye!"

"I just want to tell him! He might not even like me."

"Who wouldn't like Lexie?!"

"Well, Jason didn't.."

"Don't bring up that jerk. He's not even worth our time."

She sighs and says, "Why are the cute ones always jerks?!"

"I know. It's torture!" We both look at each other and burst out laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm walking by myself when I see Riley in front of me walking my himself. I run and jump on his back, wrapping my arms around him and my legs around his stomach. He grabs my legs and I laugh and say, "Okay. You better let me go before Addie finds us again."

Riley laughs and mocks Addie by saying, "You're cheating!" We both laugh and Riley smiles at me and asks, "What's up, Gravy?"

"Not much. Somewhere, Lexie is telling Alex she likes him right now."

"And you're not spying?! I'm proud of you."

I hit his arm and he winks at me. "Jerk." I say.

He shrugs and says, "You like spying on people."

"I do not!!" He eyes me suspiciously. "Shut up." I say and he laughs.

I hear someone clear their throat from behind me and turn around. I roll my eyes before saying, "Ooh. I guess you caught me 'cheating' again."

Addie laughs and steps closer to me. "Maybe it didn't work breaking you and Brady up this time. But I will break you up by the end of this summer, Grace."

Riley sighs and says, "Addie, just go away. There's seventeen days left. Just enjoy the last days and calm down on the 'ruining Grace's life' plan."

"I'm not ruining her life, I just want Brady for my own." Addie smirks at us and I roll my eyes and feel strong, mascular arms wrap around my waist. I turn my head around and Brady winks at me. I look at Addie and she's basically shooting lazer beams at me through her eyes by how hard she's glaring at me.

"Sorry, Addie, but I'm all Grace's." Brady says. 

She gasps and screams, very high-pitchedly, whilst stomping away. I give him a long, passionate kiss and Riley stands there being awkward.

I feel bad for a second.. but I like kissing Brady too much to feel bad about it.

Suck it up, Riley.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayleigh, Ella, Haley, and I lay in Purple all in our bunk beds. It's dark outside and Lexie still hasn't come back. Addie's threat happened after dinner and Lexie was with Alex then, so it's been a good 3 hours. I'm guessing things went great because if not, she would be home by now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm awakened by a slam of the door and I hear Lexie come in. I rub my eyes and groan because it's way late.

"Lexie?" I call out, even though it's obvious that it's her. She sniffles and sobs some more. I jump up and whisper, "Lexie! What's wrong?"

She says, "Alex.." and then continues sobbing. I wrap my arms around her and start saying, "Aw, Lex! I'm so sorr---"

She pushes me away and says, "Get off of me!! Get away from me! He doesn't like me because he still loves you!"

I rub my temples and say, "Lexie, please, it's not my fault."

She just continues sobbing and turns away from me. Kayleigh, Ella, and Haley are all awake and staring at us with their jaw dropped. I look around and rage bubbles inside of me until I feel like I'm about to explode.

I stomp out of Purple and maneuver myself to Red. I involuntarily go to Alex's bunk and rip off his covers.

Alex yells, "WHAT THE HELL!" and one of his cabinmates gets up and turns the lights on. The same guy whispers, "Oh damn.." and I turn and glare at him. He puts his arms up in surrender and goes back to his bunk.

Alex sits up and ruffles his hair. "What are you doing, Grace?!" He says and takes his covers back out of my hand. He sets them on his bed all while I just stand there watching him and shaking my head. He looks at me and goes to say something but is interrupted with a loud smack across the face from my hand. His face instantly gets a read handprint and he puts his hand up to his face and looks down.

"This is about Lexie." He whispers.

"No, it's about you and me. You need to get over me. I'm with Brady and I'm not leaving him. I have no feelings left for you! You and Lexie would be great together and she really likes you! Don't focus on me because she really likes you! I DON'T!! You could learn to love her as much as you loved me if you just give her a damn chance instead of pushing her away!"

He looks up at me and says, "You really know how to slap people."

"Are you even listening?!" I scream, tempted to slap him again, but slightly proud at his statement.

He stands up so that he's towering over me with his height but I don't back away. "Yes, I'm listening. I heard every single painful word you just said. No matter if you still love me or not, I'll always love you, Grace."

"Stop saying that!"

"I can't just stop saying it! It's true! I can't stop loving you!"

"STOP!"

"I can't!"

"Yes you can! You can love Lexie and forget that I even exist! Just stop!"

He steps forward and wraps his arms around me tightly into a hug. "What are you doing?" I say and try to wiggle out of his arms.

Gah! He's too muscular! Damn you, muscles!

"Thank you." He whispers.

"For what?" I ask, completely confused.

"For everything. For the memories, for the experiences, for the great times, for everything." I remain silent.

What just happened?

He lets go and says, "I'm going to give Lexie a chance."

He tries stepping back but I wrap my arms around his neck in a hug and squeal and I say, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

He doesn't hug me back and says, "You hugging me really isn't helping me get over you."

"Whoopsie daisies. Sorry about that." I say and start backing out.

He laughs and says, "Bye, Grace."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jump up in Lexie's bunk and she groans, "Go away."

"Hey! I just convinced Alex to give you a chance and told him to get his ass over me for you! You better be nicer to me than that!" I say, smiling proudly.

She jolts up and hugs me. "You did that for me?!"

"What are best friends for?"

She squeals and Kayleigh says, "Okay! We get it! You're happy! But shut the hell up! We're trying to sleep!" and throws a pillow at us. 

____________________

Did what Alex said make you feel bad for him? It did for me.