Chapter Thirteen

"Butter, I really like him." I say, with my head in my hands.

"Then tell him!" Says Riley, sitting beside me in the Arts and Crafts station. He is the only one who actually allows me to drag him in there.

"I can't. He told me he likes me and I told him no. He probably doesn't like me anymore!" We are talking about Brady. It's been 5 weeks since Alex and I broke up now and it's been 4 weeks since Butter and Kayleigh got together and they are still happy as ever. I've slowly realized that I like Brady as a lot more than a best friend and Butter is the only one that knows.

"Gravy, he likes you a lot."

"How do you know?!"

"I share a cabin with the guy!" My face blushes. He continues saying, "He talks about you nonstop and I've seen the way both of your faces light up when you are around each other. Come on, you have to realize that he's mentally drooling over you by the way he looks at you."

I laugh and continue making my finger painting. I look over at Butter's and he's painting a stick man with a top hat and a cane walking on a rainbow. I laugh even harder and he asks, "What?!"

"Your painting."

"It's artistic." He says, sticking his tongue out at me. He points to mine. "What is that?!"

I look back at my painting and say, "It's a rose!"

"An orange rose?"

"It's an artistic orange rose." I say, winking, and we both laugh again. "Should I tell him?" I ask Butter quietly.

"YES." He yells, not-so-quietly.

"Okay. How?"

"I'm going to give you the same advice you gave me. Take him to the lake at night, the moon will be on the water and it will be perfect. Then tell him."

I think about it and then say, "No. I can't."

"Why? It's your plan!"

"That happened between Alex and I. That's why I told you to do it because I knew how perfect it felt. I can't be there with all of those memories of Alex and tell Brady at the same time."

"Oh. I'm sorry. Maybe don't tell him, maybe just make it clear that you like him and wait for him to tell you."

"You think that'll work?"

"Would I give you a plan that doesn't work?" He asks, smiling. I roll my eyes at him and we both burst out laughing again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I laugh as a grape hits my forehead and bounces off. "That one was a complete miss!" I say imbetween fits of laughter to Brady. We are sitting on a blanket in the open grass.

Tonight, we have another bonfire and Brady and I decided to steal some grapes and see if we can throw them into each other's mouths.

"Hey, at least I made it to your face! Your's aren't even close!" He points out, laughing also.

"Whatever."

"Don't 'whatever' me."

"I just did!" I say, winking. He puts his arms up in surrender. "My turn!" I say, grabbing a grape. He opens his mouth wide and I carefully aim and throw. 

"AH!" He yells as it hits his eye. I laugh so hard I tip over and lay on my side while struggling to breathe.

"I'm so sorry!" I say, clutching my stomach from laughing so much.

"It's fine." He says, laughing also.

"We're not very good at this game." 

"Speak for yourself!" He says, grabbing another grape.