Chapter Nine

Nothing. That's what's been going on.

So much happened in the first few weeks of camp that I was expecting a very dramatic summer but these past few weeks have been less than exciting.

Brady, Alex and I do everything together.

Addie and Brady didn't work out. Addie went back to being her.. old self. But she is a little bit better and is not stalking Brady anymore.

It turns out A LOT of girls like Brady and were just waiting for Addie to step aside. But for some reason, he doesn't like anyone. We're sitting at the lake while Alex is doing something with his cabin.

"Why don't you give any of the other girls a try?" I ask.

"Because I know it's not worth it." He says, staring at me, expressionlessly.

"But how do you know if you don't give them a try?"

"Because I know they won't be as good as you."

"Wh-what?"

"I don't like any girls here because I like you, Grace! I have since the first day when I saw you looking completely lost just arriving at camp! The sun was shining on you and you looked beautiful. And everytime we're together, I like you just a little bit more."

I'm speechless. I don't even try to say anything because, one, nothing will come out and two, I have no clue what to say anyway.

"I'm sorry, I just had to get that out.." He says, standing up. I stand up and say,

"Don't be sorry. I'm glad you told me. You're a super sweet guy, Brady. But I love Alex with all of my heart. You're a great friend..."

He interrupts saying, "Yeah, I know. I'm just your friend. That wonderful friendzone thing you girls do."

He walks away. I go to call for him to come back, but what do I say? I don't want to lose you as a friend, even though you being my friend will be torture for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayleigh is... excited. And she looks.. nice. And is... smiling. Amazing, right?

"What's up with Kayleigh?" Lexie whispers over to me.

Apparently everyone noticed her flushed face and looking over her shoulder every few seconds, even flipping her hair while doing so, definitely trying to get someone's attention.

"Yo' Kayleigh, who you be lookin' at?" I ask and she giggles.. She GIGGLES! This is getting weirder by the second.

"Oh my gods.. did she just giggle?" asks Lexie, laughing. Ella and Haley are just staring in awe.

"Yes.." Says Kayleigh, her face blushing even more as she looks over her shoulder once again.

Lexie says, "Seriously. What's up?"

"Okay.. I met this guuyyy," she says, holding out the guy.

Ella and Haley immediately say, "Ooooh!"

"Annddd?" Lexie pushes on.

"And, he's really cute. And loves outdoor activities. And called me beautiful." She blushes.

"AWWWW!" Lexie, Ella, and Haley all say at the same time.

I'm busy looking over at Brady who is watching me sadly, Alex who is watching me and smiling, and Mandee who is watching Alex.

"Aw that's so cute!" I say, obviously late.

Lexie asks, "What's his name?!"

"His name is Riley. Riley Travis." She says, smiling ear to ear.