15

"I have bad news"

"Ok what is it?"

"It appears SodaPop Curtis has been in a accident."

"What?! What kind of accident?"

"A car accident. When he left to go get your family... A bus hit a pole and he tried to swerve and miss it but..."

"But what!?"

"He didn't make it..."

It was like my world ended right there. It did... The love of my life... Dead. That is... Until I woke up.

My eyes spring open. Thank Gosh it was just a dream. Wait, how long have I been asleep? Doesn't matter because right then the door opens. Soda. He walked over about halfway to my bed and then I spring out of it and run up to him. I cup his face and kiss him. He is taken aback at first and then eases into it. When he pulls away he rests his forehead on mine. "I love you. I always have and will. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it." I say. "I love you to. I ended it with Sandy." He says. "Bella, with you be my girl?" He asks. "You bet I will." I say. The smile planted on my face. I had forgotten we were in the hospital until the door opened and the doctor walked in. "Alright Bella, your free to go. But don't ever pull a stunt like that again." He says. He hands me a small stack of paperwork. I quickly fill it out and Soda helps. When I hand it back in we basically run out of there. Hand in hand. I want to see Rachel. When we pull into the house I see Ponyboy sitting on the front steps smoking a cigarette. I tell Soda to go on in. I wanted to sit with Ponyboy. "Hey pony."

"Oh hey Bella." He says

"You ok?" I ask

"Yeah ya know, I come home from school to see my bathroom covered in blood, vomit, pills, alcohol, and razors. I had to clean it up, but I'm fine." He states

"Ohh, I'm sorry pony. I just didn't feel it was worth it. I wasn't good enough to even carry a child. What would you have done?" I ask

"I wouldn't have tried to fix a temporary problem with a permanent solution!" Pony yells.

I'm taken aback. "well you try living with the fact that you couldn't protect your unborn child!" I said. And with that I stood up and walked inside.