23

I collapsed.

Soda ran up to the doctor and breathed a sigh of relief. Rachel made it. She is okay. It took me a minute before I realized what was happening. My baby is okay. We are all okay. I stood up and went to the doctor.

"When can we see her?" I asked.

"In the morning, but as of right now, I am telling you and your family to go home, and rest." He said.

I sighed. "Okay" I whispered.

Darry loaded the gang into his truck, Steve, Two-Bit, and Johnny sat in the bed. Dallas, Ponyboy, and I sat in the back. And Sodapop and Darry sat up front.

When we got home everyone just crashed there. Sodapop and I shared the couch, Johnny and Pony took his bed. Darry of course took his room. And the rest slept on the floor.

I nuzzled up into the crook of Soda's neck.

"I love you" I whispered. Sure he was asleep.

"Love you too" he answered, kissing me.

I shortly fell asleep.

It was around 1 in the morning when we got the call. They told us that we should come up to the hospital. It was a emergency.

We all piled into Darry's truck in less that 30 seconds. He sped all the way up there. When we arrived we busted through the doors just to see them zipping Rachel's body into a body bag. I stopped breathing. The doctor came up to us and I couldn't hear him. I heard Charlie Brown voices...

"WA WA WA WA WA...."
"WA WA WA WA WA..."
"WA WA WA WA WA..."

I saw Dallas throw something, minutes before I passed out.

Actually minutes before I woke up from the horrible nightmare.

It was early, only about 6:45. I was so relieved that it was only a dream. Rachel is fine, she is okay.

I sat up, and walked to the kitchen. I wanted chocolate milk so I opened the fridge careful not to wake the boys. I almost made it.

Sodapop came into the kitchen.

"Oh sorry, I tried not to wake you. I just woke up from a bad dream. I just needed to breathe." I said

"You mean the dream where Rachel dies. Yeah, me too" he whispered.

I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him. His arms around my waist.

"Your amazing" I said

"I love you" he said.

I blushed. Just then Dallas came into the kitchen.

"We gonna go see your child or not?" He asked.