26

We took Rachel home yesterday. It's been a week since her surgery and she is doing really well. Things have settled down. I think everyone was shaken up by that little experience. But everything's okay now. Turns out Rachel just ate something and it didn't wanna go through her system. Her scar isn't even that big. Maybe an inch right below her shirt. Soda and I have been doing good. I think I'm gonna ask him to move in with me today. We have been dating for... Well I'm not sure. We got together like 6 months before Rachel's surgery. So I guess we have been dating for 6 months and 3 weeks. But we have known each other forever.

Right now I am picking up Rachel from Daycare. Dally would have taken her, but he had a drag race. And Johnny went with him. Soda, Steve, and Darry are at work. And Ponyboy has school. So I had to take her to daycare. This cute little place called "Daydreamers." I walked in and saw Mrs. Sandy. She is the secretary.

"Hey Mrs. Sandy!"

"Oh hey dear."

"I am checking little Rachel here into daycare."

"Alrighty. Just sign who's picking her up."

Sodapop Curtis

I sighed his name on the sheet because I would be busy. He gets off of work at 5 and I get off at 6.

"Bye, Bye. Rachel"

I left her in the arms of a 24 year old woman named Lauren.

I left the daycare and drove to the Dingo. I put on my apron and got to work.