21

Marie and I went to bed soon after. I am so glad she is here, as much as I love the gang, it's nice to have a female friends who understands things more. I don't know, it just makes sense to me.

I woke up around 2 in the morning to hear Rachel vomiting.

"Oh baby, here." I said, picking her up and taking her to the bathroom. I guess she woke Marie because she came stumbling in.

"I'm sorry Marie, did I wake you?" I asked.

"No, no. I was having trouble sleeping anyways. Is everything ok in here?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, Rachel is throwing up and I'm not sure why. Should we take her to the doctor?" I asked.

"Um... How about we wait until morning and if she makes it, then we won't go until she gives us a reason to. And if she gets sick again, we will call soda and head out." Marie stated, followed by a yawn.

"That sounds good. Thank you." I said. Marie left to go back to her room. I finished cleaning Rachel up and out her back in her crib. She is only 1 and a half years old. So I still have her in a crib because I'm afraid she will fall out of a bed and hurt herself.

She fell asleep after a little while and so did I.

I heard Rachel again around 4:30 in the morning. So I woke Marie and we got ready.

"Don't forget to call Soda." Marie said.

"Oh. Right." I said.

I picked up the phone and dialed the Curtis number. It rang a few times. "Hello?" A very sleepy Darry answered.

"Hi Darry, it's Bella, I am so sorry to wake you but Rachel is sick and Marie and I decided to take her to the hospital. So, I called to tell Soda." I whispered.

"Oh. Ok." Darry said. "I will tell him." Then he hung up.

"Ok, I called Soda. Let's get going." I said.

Marie drove and I sat in the back with Rachel. I had a bucket with me so I wouldn't have to clean it up out of the car. And a rag.

We were about halfway there when I noticed her tummy was distended and she had bruise looking marks on her back. It didn't look good.

When we finally got there we checked Rachel in and waited for them to call her name. After about 10 minutes of waiting Soda burst through the door.

"Oh my gosh. Bella, what happened. Darry told me Rachel is sick."  Soda said.

"Well, we woke up around 2 in the morning and she was vomiting. Marie thought it was best that we wait and see if she gets sick again and if so we would take her in. Then around 4:30 she started again so I called you and now we are here. But I noticed that her tummy is distended and she has odd bruises. I'm not sure." I said calmly.

"Ok, thank you for calling me." He said.

"Of course. Plus I get to see how adorable you are when your sleepy." I giggled.

Just then they called "Rachel Buchanan."

"That's us." I said.

"Follow me" the nurse with purple scrubs said.