BREAK UP.

CHAPTER 5

"Hey, honey." Amber said as he opened the door and kissed me.

I entered her place, and we went into her room.

"Amber, we need to talk." I said

I was very emotional because of Keran, and after I walked aimlessly for a couple of hours, it became clear to me what I needed to do.

"Okay." Her face adapted to compliment the tone of my voice: stern. "What is it? You look like you have been through shit.”

“We can be seeing each other no more”.

She looked as if she had just been hit by a freight train. "Wow..."

"Amber, I swear to my goodness I'm saying these things because you mean so much to me."

"I know," she kindly said.

"You do?"

"I do, and as much as it pains me to say... maybe this is the right call to make."

She caught me by surprise, but I didn't let it show. "So you've also thought about it."

She nodded. "Dennis, I think I might be in love with you. I know there can be no worse time to say it, but... I think I might be. And your problem, although hasn't reached to the point that got me really frustrated, will get me there, eventually."

"I know it will. I don't want one day to wake up and to catch you cheating on me because I couldn't give you what you deserved. It would break my heart, and I don't know if I'd be able to take something like that."

She shook her head. "This is so not fair. Just as I found a man that is so amazing, funny, interesting... his cock doesn't work, and what a cock..."

"I don't know what the f**k is wrong with me, but I can't risk hurting either of us till I figure this out; I won't.
"Amber, I swear that I—"

"I know, honey... but I want to feel it. I want to get back home and for my man to have the boner of his life when we kiss. I wanna be able to make love five times a night for months. I don't want to work so hard every time just to get five minutes."

I nodded, pain shooting through me. "I understand. You mean so much to me. If you weren't, I wouldn't even bother."

She returned my doleful gaze. "And you mean so much to me..."

"Shit," I sighed, tearing up. "This is so f**king hard and painful."

She was now weeping. "But maybe this is not the end. Maybe it's just a setback or a pause. Maybe you'll be able to fix whatever that holds you back... and you'll come find me when you do. If fate wants us together... I'll be waiting."

I nodded. "Come here."

We kissed for minutes in a painful, tearful embrace.

I let her go and started for the door. "I pray that fate does want us together."