END OF FOSTER BOND # NO MORE

CHAPTER 9

I returned home completely wasted just past midnight, and as I opened my bedroom door, I saw my foster sister lying on my bed, busy with her phone and looking quite furious. I walked inside and scattered my belongings on my desk before taking off my shirt. "How was your anniversary?"

"What's the answer you're looking for?"

"Honestly I have no clue," I sighed, kicking off my shoes after slumping into my arm chair next to my work table”.

"Is that why you're drunk? 'Cause you have no clue?"

"What do you want from me?!" I bellowed.

"To say what you're feeling!"

"You want me to tell you how I hated it?! How I despised you being on a date?! How I want to beat the shit out of your boyfriend?! Is that what you wanna hear?!"

"Only if it's the truth."

I shook my head, bottling my anger. "I met your friend Freya at this bar "She's cute. Funny girl... hot as f**k."

"Is she really now..."

"She said you and your boyfriend are looking good together."

"She's not wrong."

I spun around, confronting her bitter scowl. "Isn't that nice... I'm too drunk to have this conversation now. Feel free to leave."

"Fine." She got up, starting for the door. "Oh, by the way, I'm going to give Morris my virginity sometime this month, just so you know."

I almost stumbled. "Wait a second. What?"

"Did I stutter?"

"Keran, quit threatening me. I'm not in the mood; not tonight."

"It's not a threat."

I stared at her for a moment, learning her eyes. "Why?"

"Because he is a great guy. Because he's in love with me. Because he wants me. And because I've had it with you."

"So you waited for me to break up with Amber, and now you're pulling this stunt on me?"

"It's not a stunt. If you wanna f**k Amber, you're free to do that. I'm done fighting for you." She shook her head as she opened the door. "I'm done with you."

I darted to the door and slammed it shut before she could leave. I pushed my hands against the door with my foster sister's head between them.

She looked away. "Let me go, Dennis."

"You don't love him. You love me."

"This is not about love. This is about you not wanting to be happy. This is about me not willing to spend the next ten years persuading you that we can be happy together, that we can have a future together, that there's no one for us but each other."

"And f**king him will achieve... what exactly? You're not going to be happy. You're not—"

"I will never be happy—not in this life anyway—so what the hell? At least I'll give it a shot. Give him a shot. Like you asked me to."

"Keran..."

"What?"

"I... don't do it."

"Why not? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't sleep with my boyfriend, who loves me and wants someday to marry me."

I looked into her eyes, overwhelmed with pain. "Please."

"That's not a reason. I was thinking something along the lines of: 'I love more you than life. I will do anything to be with you 'cause life means shit to me if you're not mine...' of course, I was just playing with it, but you get the idea."

I leaned in to kiss her, but she gave me her cheek. I rested my head on her shoulder next to her ear, wallowing in her captivating scent. "There's no going back from this. If you do it... we will never be."

"Noted. Anything else?"

I lifted my head and propped my forehead on hers as I gazed into her mesmerizing hazel eyes. "I love you so f**king much..."

"And...?"

I kept quiet.

"Yeah... thought so," she said in a painful undertone. "Good night, Dennis. I hope you'll someday find whatever it is you're looking for."

by the way foster bond is official over she said slamming the door hard enough I though my ear will pop.