Jac

"NOOO!" Jac screamed. She had woken from her dream,no her nightmare. It had been a few months since the shooting but the trauma still haunted her.
She glanced at the clock. 6:30am. 'May as well get up' she thought.
She walked past Emma's room. She looks so peaceful,calm,happy. A small smile crept onto her face but didn't stay for long. She dragged herself down the stairs to make breakfast and get herself and her daughter ready for the day.
*Bleep bleep*
A text message. She took her phone from the table and opened up the message. It was from Petrenko.

Ms Naylor.
I can't come into work today. I was sick last night and that might just not slide past the health and safety rules.
Petrenko.

"Great," Jac mumbled, " just great." She didn't bother to reply and just sat down at the table to eat her breakfast, shortly joined by Emma. She looked at the clock again. 7:24am. They had to leave.
"Come on Emma darling we need to go. Put on your coat and shoes for mummy." The little girl did as she was asked and they left the house in silence.
" Mummy when can I see Fletch again?He's really funny and I love his spider song," Emma asked her mother.
"Soon baby," she replied, slightly shocked. Jac had no idea why her daughter wanted to see him and it made her think. 'I'll ask him later,'Jac thought.

After she dropped Emma off at the crèche, Jac made her way up to her office. She opened the door with a slight sigh escaping her mouth.
She froze. There was a man. With a gun. In her office. Sitting in her chair.
"What are you doing? You can't be in here," she stayed, trying to sound as calm as possible but inside she was filled with terror. He raised the gun as he moved into the light. She realised who it was. Fredrick. He pulled the trigger and she fell to the floor gasping for breath. A single tear trickled down her face. " Fletch," she whispered as her eyelids closed.