Fletch

*bleep bleep*
His thoughts were interrupted by his phone. There's only 20 mins left of my shift, whoever it is can wait, he thought as he walked off to go see to his patients.

"Yes Mr Block you wanted to see me?" he half-heartedly asked.
"Is everything alright young man? You look upset," the old man croaked.
"Sorry?" He asked confused, " Oh right yeah I'm fine it's nothing," he said once he realised what he meant.

After sorting out Mr Block, Fletch started to get out his phone. Let's see who wanted me then. He opened up the message.

Fletch,
Come to my office now. It's urgent.
Jac.

Oh. Jac. Whatever it is it can wait till I get changed. He went to his office to get his clothes and get changed back into his normal clothes. He picked up his jacket and a folder before heading to Jac's office.
*knock knock knock*
He knocked in his usual way. No reply. He tried again. Still no reply. This is odd.
"Jac?" He asked as he opened the door.
"Oh my god." Everything he was holding dropped to the floor as he rushed to help Jac. She was still. There was a small pool of blood. Her wound had been opened. "No no no no no. Jac stay with me come on," he pleaded as he scooped her up in his arms and headed out the door.
" Sacha! Help! It's Jac." He raced to a bed and gently placed her down, as Sacha joined them.
"What happened?" He asked.
" I don't know, I just went into her office and she was lying there. Her wound has come open." There was a trace of panic in his voice.
"I was actually just coming to see Jac. Right, Fletch we need to sort this." Sacha stated. A tear fell down Fletch's face. He stepped back.
" No, I'm sorry Sacha I can't," he said as he backed out the room and headed for Jac's office.
He picked his phone up from the floor.

"Hello?"
"Frieda it's me. I know your ill but it's Jac."
" Alright Fletch. I'm actually feeling a lot better now so I'll come in as soon as I can."
"Ok thank you, I'll see you soon." He hung up. Everything's going to be fine. Jac's strong. She's a fighter. He kept telling himself this as collapsed to the floor. He broke into tears. The woman he loved was hurt all over again and he wasn't strong enough to do anything about it.