Fletch

"Shit. I think I'm in love with Jac Naylor." Fletch repeated this phrase over and over. It all made sense but at the same time it was ridiculous. I can't let my feelings mess up our friendship.
*knock knock*
"Yeah," fletch indicates for the person who knocked to enter.
"It's just me," it was Jac. A smile grew on Fletch's face.
"Why so smiley fletcher?" He was surprised at this. Considering she insulted him last this was an improvement, well kind of.
"No reason. Anyway what is it you wanted me for?"
"I just came to let you know your needed in theatre. I was going to page you but you left it in my office. See you in a bit."
"Right ok." Fletch put away all his paperwork whilst humming the tune to a song that he couldn't think of the name of. Right, time to go to theatre then.

"Ah Mr Fletcher glad you could join us," said a familiar voice. The voice that's too familiar and too beautiful.
" I didn't know you were operating," a smile started to grow on his face as he said this.
"Is that a problem?" She asked. Fletch shook his head.
"No,not at all Ms Naylor." He started getting ready to operate next to Jac.
"Still smiley then," she said as she glanced over at him.
"Yeah. I realised something," he replied as they walked over to the table.
"Care to share?" Fletch just smiled at this and they began the operation.

The operation lasted four hours, longer than expected, and resulted in the patient dying on the table.
" Do you want me to tell his wife?" Fletch offered.
"Yeah if you wouldn't mind. I'll be in my office for the rest of the day if anyone asks." She walked away to her office, leaving Fletch worried. What was that?

After telling the patients wife and attending to a few other patients, Fletch thought he should go see Jac.
He took a deep breath before opening her door.
"Jac?"
"Go away Fletcher," her voice was weak.
"No. I'm going to stay and your going to talk to me." Jac looked up at him from her desk. Her face was red. She got up and shut the door and indicated Fletch to sit on the sofa.
"Wait," she said before he sat down. Fletch turned to look at her.
"I'm sorry," Jac whispered before pulling him into a hug.
" Sit down Jac. Tell me everything."