Fletch

"And one of us is going to stay in this room with you until you accept that." He moved closer to her. His hand found its way into hers. "Until you let us help you." Her eyes met his but only briefly. She was going to fight and protest like normal, but she didn't have the energy. It was obvious that something was wrong, and he wasn't going to let her be alone until he found out.

The room was silent for a while.
"Who are you gonna talk to Jac?" Petrenko asked. Her voice was soft and gentle, even Fletch was surprised. He glanced at Frieda and nodded.
"I'll be back soon then," and with that she left Jac alone with Fletch.

The room was filled with silence once again. He had moved to the sofa,next to her,his hand still on hers. He could hear her breathing. It was shallow and  laboured.
"Jac. About last night...  I'm sorry if you weren't ready or if it was too soon or if you feel it was a mistake." Tears were rolling down her cheeks once again. "But Jac you know how I feel. I will do anything for you. I will even pretend that yesterday never happened if you want."
"Why Fletch, why?" Her head turned to face him. It was his turn to have shallow breathing. He stayed quiet.
"Fletch, I don't want to pretend yesterday never happened. Because no matter what I do or what I say... I will always love you." They both smiled. Taking his chance, Fletch leaned in to kiss her. She pulled away.
"Which is why I can't be with you..."
"What? Jac what do you mean?" A frown formed on his face and tears glazed his eyes.
" I mean, I can't be with you. I will hurt you and push you away. I will break your heart and I don't want that. I don't want to ruin you Fletch. I am broken and I can't rub it off on you..." she burst into tears.  He wrapped his arms around her delicate body. She was so vulnerable and he was going to be there to protect her.
"Tell me everything Jac. I am here. I will listen and help you. You will never be able to ruin me. You complete me. I can't live without you Jac, not anymore."
"How can you love someone like this? How can you love me?" She wasn't joking. It was a genuine question and he had to answer.
"I can love you because I see through your walls. I see through that bitch you try to be. Well you're actually quite successful in being a bitch. But I can see that deep down, you're just a little scared girl who needs help,love and support. And I'm here for that. I love you because of who you are and what you do. I respect you, I admire you, I care for you. No matter what mood you're in. I will always feel this way,Jac." Inside he sighed, he had answered. A small smile appeared on her face.
"I will tell you, but give me time. And keeping me locked up in here like a new born puppy isn't going to help is it." They chuckled.
"Oh and Fletch?"
"Yes Ms Naylor?" God he hadn't called her that in a while.
"I love you."