Jac

She woke the next morning to the sound of birds chirping on a tree next to the window. She kept her eyes closed to enjoy the peace and quite before she remembered where she was and what happened the night before. Fletch. I slapped him. Her eyes flickered open to reveal a man sitting on the end of her bed, facing the wall with his hand rubbing the back of his neck. A small smile creeped its way onto Jac's face, but didn't last long as she felt bad for hitting him. Fletch looked over at the fiery red head to see that she was awake. A smile spread across his face. Damn it Naylor. Look at him. She could still see the red mark where her hand collided with his face. A tear formed in her eye.
" Morning there sleepy head," he said cheerily. It was like he forgot it all.
"How you feeling?" He asked
"Fine," she replied blankly.
"Your not though are you. Your not fine." He's right. I'm not. The tear that had formed in her eye trickled down her check, followed by another and another. It wasn't long before she had her head in her hands and crying.
"Hey hey hey, It's alright. I'm here Jac. I'm here for you." He was so comforting,especially when he rubbed his hand up and down her back.
"I....slapped....you," she mumbled in between sobs, " I'm...so....sorry." The tears fell even harder.
"It's ok Jac, you didn't mean if I understand."
He pulled her closer for a hug. She wrapped her arms around him and sobbed into his shirt.

They didn't break away from their hug until ten minutes later, when Jac had finished crying.
" Jac," Fletch started.
"Don't Fletch," she mumbled.
"Im going to tell you something," he continued.
"I said don't."
"Ok forget that. What is wrong with you. I mean one minute your upset and crying on my shoulder and the next minute your pushing me away! I just want to help you Jac! That's all I want!"
His voice was slightly raised. Why, why does he care so much.
"Why Fletch, why." She had gathered up her strength enough to be ready to have a full blown argument.
Fletch just looked into her eyes. Say something then.
"I said why fletch." She was getting impatient. He still didn't say anything. Jac was just about to tell him to leave when he lost eye contact. He muttered under his breath,
"Because....I love you..."