Jac

She walked out the hospital with a smile on her face but at the same time there was a heavy feeling in her stomach. She had to tell him now. She had to open up to him. She had opened up to him,well sort of. But to her it still counted.
"Hey, Jac!" She spun around.
"Fancy a drink at the bar?"
"You know what, I'm going to accept your offer. But your buying Sacha."
"I'll meet you in there," he chuckled as he continued heading towards Albie's.

*************************************************

"So. What's been going on with you lately?" Sacha asked, swirling his beer around inside his glass.
"Same old same old. How about you?" The relaxed surgeon asked.
"Yeah I'm good. Keller's good, although it's a bit boring because of Dom and his hep c. But we still have a laugh along with lofty. Now Jac, what's on your mind"
Jac contemplated her options. On one hand, it was sacha and they were such good friends she could tell him anything. But they were in a pub. Not very good privacy.
"Mmmmm. Nothing." She couldn't help but smile.
"C'mon you have to tell me!"
"Ok fine," she chuckled " I may or may not have admitted to loving someone."
She watched as his jaw fell to the floor.
"What! No way! Who!" He practically yelled.
"Shhhh! Keep your voice down!" She ushered him.
"Woops,sorry. But who!"
"Well, he's got four kids, very kind and caring, funny and very handsome. Did I mention he said he loves me too"
"No way. Do you mean Fletch?" He whispered, barely audible.
Jac nodded, she was incredibly right now.
"I'm so happy for you two. Promise I won't tell anyone."

*************************************************

Later that night, she snuggled up under the covers of her bed. It was a cold night. Her mind kept racing as the events of the day relived inside her head. There was a fletch-shaped hole inside her chest and she felt it grow larger and larger as the night went on. Eventually it grew so big that she had to reach for her phone and turn it on. There were 3 missed calls, 12 texts and 32 whatsapp messages. Damn group chats,she thought. The calls were from fletch as well as the 12 texts and 31 whatsapps messages. They mainly consisted of Fletch saying how grateful he was that she was now in her life and how much he loved her, and a few photos of various things. But as she went onto whatsapp she remembered that no one added her to groupchats anymore. Not since she was crowned queen of the bitches and everyone grew scared of her Naylor death stare.

A knot that had formed in her stomach grew tighter and tighter as she opened the messages. Unknown number.

Hello there Jacqueline,

It's so nice to finally talk to you,even if it is via whatsapp. You are most likely wondering who I am,how I got you're number and why.

However,you must not ask any questions. That will end badly.

You will do exactly as I say and when I say. You will tell no one. Not even the police or you're closest friend. And yes. I mean Adrian Fletcher.

If you break any of the rules,tell anyone or do not do what I say, then I will take the liberty of doing horrible things to your darling daughter Emma,who I stole from you earlier, or Adrian. Or better yet,both. Now that would be fun.

The way this will end and you will get your precious girl back is by ruining your reputation and career. And I will win. I will ruin your life.

From now on, you answer to me.

Love, your worst nightmare.

Her phone dropped from her hand. Her face was still and emotionless. Her life and career were over.Everything she had worked for. Gone.One single tear managed to fall down her cheek. She wanted Emma back. She hadn't noticed she'd gone. Only one word managed to escape her mouth.

"Fletch."