Fletch

A/N yes this is a shorter one and yes I quoted les mis sorry..hope you enjoy xx

As he stretched back in his Chair he noticed something odd. The ward was quiet. Really quiet. There was no Jac or Freida. Not that he cared of course. But this was strange. Shrugging his shoulders he carried on with his paperwork until he heard shouting. Now that's more like it. He could hear it was both Naylor and Petrenko,but he couldn't make out what he was saying. The shouting lasted a good few minutes until he witnessed an upset doctor slam the door to the consultants office and storm of to the staff room,tears in her eyes. Fletch stood up and followed her,he couldn't leave her upset.
"Frieda?" He asked as soon as he entered the staff room.
"Go away Fletcher" she mumbled,even though she was facing away he could tell that Frieda was crying.
"Frieda what's wrong?" His voice was calm and sympathetic.
"What's right more like," she sniffed, " it's nothing though. Just Jac. You should go talk to her. I can tell something is seriously wrong,I could see the look in her eye. She looked as of she wanted an end."
"What? Why?" Fletch was taken aback.
"Only god knows Fletch. Anyway. This will be my last time talking to you, I'm going back to Pakistan to work with Elliot. You should go find Jac, she needs you."
"You're a good person Frieda." He gently closed the door and flipped it to the occupied sign. He didn't want anyone to disturb her. Where would she go? His feet just lead him towards the roof. The door was ajar so he crouched down and peered through the crack. What he saw was confusing. It was as if his eyes were deceiving him. Jac was standing at the edge of the roof. Ready to jump. But why? He hadn't a clue why the Jac Naylor would want to do this. Yes she had been through a lot but he never imagined her to be like this. His ears pricked up when he heard a creak on stairs below. He had to move and fast. There was a small cupboard but he knew the door was squeaky. It was the only thing. Attempting to be quiet,he stepped in and closed the door. The little light cams under the door and vanished when the mystery person passed. It was a woman. He could tell by the heels clicking along the floor. But who would be coming up here?
Once he was sure she had passed, he left the cupboard and crept back to the roof door. The woman was now standing behind Jac. He instantly recognised her. He wanted to shout,to scream for help but he knew better so he kept quiet. The woman spoke,her voice as soft as thunder.

"Hello Jacqueline..."