Chapter 5

The next morning, Reichiru woke up feeling two bodies pressing against her at her sides, and her hands entertained with other hands. She released the hands that she was holding and sat up. Momentarily confused on her surroundings. She thought she was in a dream, but everything felt too real for it to be a dream.

She suddenly remembered the events of the day before. Looking to her sides, she saw Hikaru and Kaoru sleeping soundly, they must of snuck into her room sometime during the night after she had fallen asleep, since she had no recollection of them coming in. Looking towards the window, Reichiru noticed that the sun had barely risen, an orange glow filling the room. It wasn't unusual for her to wake up at the crack of dawn, in the city, if you didn't wake up early, you were most likely dead meat, or arrested for loitering. Reichiru had come close to being arrested many times, but never got caught.

Sitting in the bed Reichiru noticed how quiet it was in the room, completely opposite to the noisy, busy surroundings that she normally woke up in.

It wasn't long until the door was suddenly flung open and two identical maids walked in.

"Sorry for the intrusion, Miss Hitachiin, but we have to wake up the Masters for school." They said, grabbing onto the twins and waking them up.

With a groan, they both sat up, blinking the sleep from their eyes.

"Is it time to get up already?" Hikaru asked, still seeming to be half asleep.

"Come on, Hikaru." Kaoru said, grabbing onto Reichiru's arm, not fully awake yet.

"Please let go of me." Reichiru said blandly.

Kaoru blinked a couple times, then looked over to see Reichiru.

"It wasn't a dream." Kaoru whispered. "Rei, you're actually here!" He moved his hand from her arm and she was suddenly embraced. On her other side, Hikaru must of come to the same realization, since she felt another set of arms wrap around her. The close contact made her tense up, and it wasn't until they both moved away from her that she relaxed.

"I don't think mom's going to let us skip school today." Hikaru stated, starting to slowly get out of the bed.

"Yeah, but we'll see you afterwards okay, Rei?" Kaoru finished, getting off the bed also.

Reichiru nodded, and watched as the two walked out of the room, leaving her alone in the large room. She knew she could sleep more, but it didn't feel right, she was itching to be up and moving. Untangling herself from the covers, Reichiru stood up and stretched, walking to the window and looking out at the rising sun.

A couple minutes went by of Reichiru staring out the window blandly when she saw Hikaru and Kaoru walk towards the waiting limo, both of them wearing pale blue blazers with white button up shirts and a hint of a tie, along with black pants and black shoes. It must be their uniform.

Once the limo was out of sight, Reichiru moved away from the window and towards the bathroom. Looking at herself in the mirror, her hair was a mess, and the dark circles were still visible under her eyes, though they weren't as prominent as the day before. Staring at herself in the mirror for a little longer, she forced herself to look away and walk back to the room, where the orange glow of the rising sun had been replaced and the room was now completely lit up. There was a sudden knock at the door and Reichiru gave her permission for whoever was at the door to enter.

"Sorry to disturb you, but Mrs. Hitachiin is asking for you." A voice said, and Reichiru turned around completely, only to see a maid standing in the doorway. "Would you like me to bring you to her?"

Reichiru just nodded, and she followed the maid out of her room and down the maze of hallways until they reached a large room on the third floor.

"Here we are." The maid said, "If you'll excuse me." She bowed and walked away, leaving Reichiru in front of the closed door alone.

She opened the door and looked inside, seeing her mother and a man in a white coat were talking, turning around once the door opened.

"Reichiru, sweetie! This is our families doctor." She motioned towards the man, and he nodded his head in greeting.

"Alright, and why am I here?" She asked, wanting to be alone.

"He's here for a check up on you." Her mom explained, she became solemn, "I want you to be healthy. So please just cooperate, alright."

Reichiru sighed but she knew there was no getting out of it. "Fine." She said blandly.

"Please come sit here." The doctor said, motioning towards a table with a cushion on top of it. Walking over, she propped herself on top of it, struggling a little on lifting herself up.

Once Reichiru settled, she looked at the doctor who was writing something in his notebook.

"Alright, let's start with a physical examination." He started.

The check up went by normally, and at the end, Reichiru was itching to get out of the room that she had been in for the past hour and a half.

"So, what do you think?" Her mom asked, concern in her voice.

"To start off, she's sleep deprived and extremely underweight. A healthy weight for a girl her height would be somewhere between 128 pounds through 148 pounds. She's currently around 25 pounds underweight, and very malnourished. Which can cause her to be tired, and perceptible to infections, along with taking longer to heal injuries and illnesses. She might also have difficulty keeping warm and have little to no appetite, not to mention depleting strength."

"That's worrying." Her mom muttered. "Anything else doctor?"

"Other than those, she seems healthy, by some miracle she's not sick, nor does she have any injuries."

"So, what should I do?" Her mom asked.

"Well, I would suggest to feed her foods that are filled with vitamins and proteins. Though don't force her to eat, it's better to start her off slowly instead of forcing a whole meal on her."

"Alright, anything else?"

"Make sure she gets lots of rest, other than that, you should be fine. I don't see any need for medication, though if something comes up, don't delay in calling. Oh, and before I leave, it'll most likely take a year for her to recover completely. But, she should be able to attend school in a couple days."

"Of course. Thank you."

With that, Reichiru watched as the doctor walked out of the room, and she was left with her mother.

"You heard him, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah." Reichiru said, "Can I just go back to my room?" She asked.

"Of course, use today to get rest, alright? Hikaru and Kaoru will be home later."

"Alright." Reichiru muttered, and walked out of the room, heading through the halls and trying to make her way back to her room.

Though after some walking, she realized that she was completely lost. The hallways were so similar that she had trouble getting through them, much less find her room all she knew currently was that she wa somewhere on the second floor.

"Oh! Miss Hitachiin!" Two voices said, and Reichiru turned around to the the two identical maids from the morning. "Are you lost?"

Reichiru looked at them, not wanting to admit it, but knowing that if she didn't say anything she would end up wondering the mansion for hours. "Could you two take me to my room?" She asked.

"Of course." They said, and started walking down the hall, Reichiru following behind them.

Ten minutes later, they ended up on the other side of the manor and Reichiru stepped into her room. This place really is way too big. She thought to herself. The maids had left after she walked into the room, so she was left alone.

With a sigh, she glanced at the notebook on her desk and picked it up, along with a pink flowery pencil that was laying close to it. Walking back to the bed, she plopped herself down and sighed, flipping to the first blank page of the book.

The rest of that day was her drawing in the sketchbook in peace.