Chapter 25

It was a couple hours before either of the two of them work up. And when they finally did, it was already late afternoon.

Sitting up, Reichiru yawned and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She looked around the room—not recognizing it for a second before remembering what had happened earlier that day.

"Noda..." She murmured groggily as she nudged his shoulder, only to hear a groan from him. "You gotta wake up." She nudged him a bit more, watching as he stirred awake.

"Rei five more minutes— wait, Rei?" The realization that Reichiru was in his bed made him wake up completely and he had a slight blush on his cheeks.

Reichiru let out a laugh, "Don't worry, Noda, I'm pretty sure we just slept... pretty sure." She let out a yawn. "And after last night, I think we deserved a few hours." Moving off the bed, Reichiru stood up and stretched. Her head moving towards the doorway as she heard the door creek open and Tetsuya walked into the room, his eyes meeting Reichiru's before he smiled warmly.

"Ah, you two are awake." He said. "Your brothers were quite worried about you."

Reichiru's gaze dulled slightly, "Oh, them. Did you tell them I was fine?"

"You know, your brothers care about you a lot, Reichiru." Tetsuya said in concern. "They stayed for at least an hour or two after they arrived here."

Reichiru rolled her eyes, but something about what he said struck a chord with her. Even though she had been told many times before that Hikaru and Kaoru cared for her in never really fazed her. Until now— though she didn't let her emotions show, all she said was; "I've been told. Ah, well, I should probably head back to the house before anyone else comes to interrupt us."

Heading out of the room, Reichiru walked back towards her mansion. She kept her eyes gazing down towards the ground, her mind reeling. Stopping in front of a store, Reichiru's eyes landed on a frilly, purple, child's party dress. Staring at it, a foggy memory came to her head.

"Oh look at you three today! You look just like little dolls." A woman cooed.

In front of her, three identical children stood holding hands. One child was in a blue dress on the left, one was wearing a pink dress on the right, and in between the two was one wearing a purple dress. The three of them looked exactly alike.

"Now the Triplett with the blue hair is Hikaru, the one with the purple hair is Kaoru, and the on in the pink hair is Reichiru, and I correct."

"No, you're wrong, auntie. Kaoru's blue, Hiakru's pink, and Reichiru is purple." The pink haired Triplett replied.

"You always get it wrong." The blue haired one continued.

"You must be dumb." The purple haired one finished.

The woman, their aunt, let out a short laugh. "I'm sorry you three. It's just that you all look so mush alike."

"And you know what you look like to us, auntie?" The three of them asked before the three of them pulled out a slimy green animal, each using one hand to hold it. "A frog."

They watched as it jumped up into the woman's face as she screamed and the people around her immediately rushed to help her.

The memory faded away and Reichiru shook her head, the ghost of a smile showing on her face. 'Maybe i have been a bit harsh on them.' She thought, turning and continuing to walk back to the house.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

That night, Reichiru found herself mindlessly doodling on a page of a notebook, unable to focus on anything. Suddenly she stood up from where she was, a look of determination crossing her face.

Without a word, she walked out of the room and one door down the hallway. She raised her fist up to knock on the door and stopped. Taking a deep breath, was about to knock on the door when it suddenly opened, her golden eyes meeting identical golden ones.

"Rei, everything alright?" Kaoru asked.

"Uh, yeah, I just wanted to ask you and Hikaru something." She said, moving her hand to scratch the back of her head.

"Oh, you need help with something?"

"No... not really, I was wondering if you and Hikaru would like to hang out, you know, some sibling bonding?" She asked, avoiding eye contact with Kaoru.

"Wait, really?" Kaoru asked, Hiakru appeared from behind him.

"You sure you're not sick again, Rei?" Hikaru asked, looking at Reichiru with a skeptical gaze.

"I'm not sick, I just thought some sibling bonding would be fun. What do you say—Bros?"