Chapter 10

It was about half an hour into hosting, and Reichiru was finally able to escape from Hikaru and Kaoru. She was now sitting on a window sill, watching as the girls fell head over heels at the twin's act.

She moved her bored gaze towards the door, watching as it opened to reveal someone familiar walking in. It was the boy who had helped her outside again.

Looking around, she noticed that all the girls were talking, looking at the boy as he walked towards Haruhi's table.

"It's him again!" One of the girls close to Reichiru whispered, she had been walking with her friend from one of the hosts tables to another.

"I know. Who knew Kasanoda swung that way." Her friend answered. "It's so moe!"

"His face is always so scary looking. But when he's with Haruhi... he looks a lot kinder." The first girl whispered, the two of them starting to get out of Reichiru's hearing distance.

"What's the deal with him?" Reichiru asked, rising her eyebrow as she watched Kasanoda talking with Haruhi, looking extremely flustered.

"Oh, him?" Hikaru asked. The two of them didn't have any customers currently, mainly because they were all watching Kasanoda and Haruhi talk.

"He found out about Haruhi's little secret a while back." Kaoru explained. "He's been visiting her for a while now."

"Really, so he knows Haruhi's a she?" Reichiru asked, looking at the two.

"Hey, Reichiru." A girl said, walking up to the three of them. "Weren't you walking with Kasanoda at lunch today?"

Suddenly, there was a small group in front of Reichiru, and she pressed herself against the window, not liking how close the girls were getting. They were all asking questions, most of them asking how she wasn't scared.

"Not scared? I've seen scarier people." Reichiru answered simply, making an attempt to keep the discomfort from her voice.

"No way! There can't be anyone scarier than Kasanoda!" One of the girls exclaimed.

You wouldn't survive one day on the streets. Reichiru thought to herself, feeling extremely crowded. "Well, to you maybe." Reichiru answered out loud, not wanting to continue with the conversation.

Luckily, the girls seemed to somehow clue in that she wouldn't talk much, so instead, they moved to watch Kasanoda and Haruhi again.

————————

Thankfully, the club ended not too long after, and the three of them were able to go home. Reichiru was just about to step out of the room when someone called her back.

"Miss Hitachiin." Kyoya called out, and Reichiru turned around, extremely tempted to run out of the room. Though she knew she might have to deal with Kyoya again later, better to get it over with.

"What do you want, binder boy?" She asked, not bothering to keep the annoyance from her voice.

Kyoya seemed irritated at the nickname that Reichiru had given him. "I noticed you earlier today." He started.

"Whoop de doo, you should get an award." She responded. She didn't care that she sounded rude, she knew exactly how she sounded and didn't bother to fix her tone. Even if she was talking to one of the Ootori boys. The family name had made its way to the ears of many of the kids on the streets. Mainly because of the police force that operated under their family.

At that comment, Kyoya looked even more annoyed, but he managed to keep his calm as he continued speaking. "I think it would profit our club if you joined, and became a hostess."

"No way in hell." Reichiru stated bluntly.

"Are you sure? You seemed to be enjoying yourself earlier when you were entertaining those girls." Kyoya pressed, obviously not going to let Reichiru say no, unfortunate for him, Reichiru never let anyone bend her to their will.

"Absolutely positive." Reichiru confirmed. "I 'entertained' those girls earlier to stop them from glaring at me. If they knew I was related to Hikaru and Kaoru, I don't think they would hate me for getting too close to their precious twins. How was I supposed to know they'd go gay for me." Rolling her eyes, she turned back around towards the doorway, "Now, if you excuse me, I need to get going before Hikaru and Kaoru wonder where I am and start to panic." She didn't let Kyoya say anything more and she headed out of the room, walking down the hallway and catching up to Hikaru and Kaoru, who seemed to be relieved when they saw her run up to them.