Chapter 18

"Where is she?" A voice exclaimed, and Kasanoda looked towards the doorway, seeing Hikaru and Kaoru standing there with frantic looks on their faces.

"She's in my bed." Kasanoda rasped, he was sitting on the floor, a separate blanket wrapped around him. The two glanced at each other then walked over to where Reichiru was.

"Didn't you tell her not to visit you?" Hikaru asked, his voice was shaking slightly. It was obvious he was angry at Kasanoda.

"I tried. She wouldn't listen." He let out a few coughs. "I didn't expect her to get sick so fast."

"Her immune system is still venerable. Illnesses can get to her fast... but.. this..." Kaoru muttered.

"This was too fast." Hikaru finished sternly.

"It was probably the combination of her being in a sick environment for an extended amount of time, and the weather getting colder." A new voice stated, and the three looked towards the odor, seeing Kyoya standing there with the rest of the host club behind him. It seemed that Mori had to hold Tamaki back, due to him trying to pull away from the group with a panicked and teary eyed look on his face.

"Let me see my daughter!" He shouted, still unable to escape from Mori's grip.

"Who invited you guys? I only asked for Hikaru and Kaoru..." Kasanoda muttered with annoyance, watching with narrowed eyes as Kyoya made his way towards the bed and looked down at Reichiru.

"She seems to be just having a cold- as expected- though with the current state of her body it's much more intense than what it would be in a healthy person."

"But she'll live, right?" The two of them asked, looking at Kyoya.

The teen sighed and adjusted his glasses. "Yes, she'll live."

It seemed as if the whole room had been holding it's breath, because at the moment that Kyoya said that, everyone let out a sigh of relief.

"It's best to get her back to her home, though. She should recover in a better environment- I mean, her own house." He said, glancing over at Kasanoda.

"What do you mean by that?" Kasanoda asked, looking at his with narrowed eyes, a scowl on his face. Behind Kyoya, Hikaru and Kaoru tensed up as they looked towards Kasanoda, seeming to be frozen in ice.

He's scary even when he's sick. They both thought.

"I'm just saying that she should be in her own bed. I wouldn't want you to delay your own recovery because Reichiru is sick." His voice was a sickly sweet, the tone did not suit him.

"Fine. I guess you have a point." Kasanoda muttered.

After that, the hosts worked on getting Reichiru transported back to the Hitachiin manor, where she was placed in her own bed, still asleep. It took a while to get Tamaki to leave, but after convicting him that she needed to be alone, he finally left- while crying- but, he finally left.

-Reichiru's POV-
Reichiru woke up to a pile of pillows and the smell of chicken noodle soup.

"Wha- what's happening?" She asked groggily.

"Ah, Miss Hitachiin, you're awake." A maid said, looking over towards Reichiru. "Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine." Reichiru replied breaking out into coughs.

The maid looked at her with warm eyes, :I'll get you some cough drops dear." With that, she turned to leave the room, leaving Reichiru alone.

She sat in the bed in silence, thinking about her life on the streets.

She had gotten sick before, it was unavoidable when she was outside during the coldest and harshest storms. Though it had never gotten as bad as she was now. She assumed it was because her body had gotten used to the pampered life. She clenched her fists. She had become one of the pampered pooches she despised when she was on the streets. She didn't even realize that she had become one.

With a sigh, she leaned back on the pile of pillows, she let out a few weak coughs and then closed her eyes, dozing off slightly.

I need to get better soon. She thought to herself.

________
Hey everyone, I apologize for the short chapter, I just had no idea what to write here ;-;
Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed it nonetheless, and I'll try to get a longer chapter next chapter!