Part 3, Act 8

-Katelyn's POV- 

"Katelyn? Are you alright?" Garroth limped over towards me, he still hadn't recovered fully from Aaron.

"Oh! Yeah, I'm totally fine!" Trying to sound truthful.

"What are you doing up so late anyway, Garroth?" I asked him.

"I couldn't sleep. Probably the amount of coffee I drank this morning." He playfully smiled at me.

I laughed in response.

The lady at the desk looked pretty annoyed with us, so I told Garroth I would see him tomorrow.

I opened Travis and I's room, to find him hunched in the corner of the room.

He turned to me, his eyes burning a emerald green, so I prepared myself for one of his "episodes".

"Where were you? You were supposed to be here sooner!" He said, growling and edging his way forward.

"Things with Zane and Kim got a little out of hand with our conversation and-"

"I don't want excuses!" He reached out with a pale hand and grabbed my wrist.

"Get off me!"

"No!"

"I'm not gonna put up with your shit Travis!" I punched him in the face, so strong that I blew him into the wall.

He crumpled to the floor, only to rise again.

"It's gonna take more than a punch to stop me," He taunted.

An invisible force threw me against the wall, locking my wrists above my head.

Travis seemed to be doing it with his mind.

He came closer, his irate face violently twitching.

"You do not tell me what to do,"

"Let me go!"

He shut my mouth with the magic I had never seen.

"You chose this way,"

"It did not have to be like this. But instead I-" Travis immediately fainted, and I fell to the ground.

Travis's face had turned whiter than snow, and his fingers started cracking with a black vine that turned his wrists blue.

"Travis!" I guess I still had an drop of compassion for him in my body.

I didn't know what to think, this had never happened before.

His winced face showed that he was in pain, so I picked him up bridal style and dropped him onto the bed.

He started to wake up, his brow braiding to his face.

I need Lucinda, I thought.

I raced down the hallway and started banging on her door.

"Lucinda!" I yelled.

After five knocks she finally opened her door.

"Katelyn, it's one in the morning, what the fuck do you want?" She said groggily.

"It's Travis," Lucinda saw the tears in my eyes and painfully understood.

She pulled a robe from the door handle, the first time I realized she was wearing nothing.

We sped down the narrow corridor to my room.

Travis had just woken up, and was slightly conscious and unable to move.

He looked like a bear cub with no mother.

"What happened to him!?" Lucinda asked.

I sat her down and told her the entire story.