Part 2, Act 10

-Katelyn's POV-

I fully kicked down the door.

"Travis! Where are you?!"

I searched the room, eager to find even a trace of him.

Nothing.

"AAAGGGGHHHH!! WHERE IS HE?" I yelled, tears surfing through my pores.

I heard the door creak behind me.

"Travis?" I called out desperately, my voice cracking.

"Uhh... Katelyn? Is everything alright?" I heard Aphmau's voice behind the door.

"Travis is gone, Aph."

I saw her jaw drop.

"WHAT?" Aphmau screamed.

"That perfidious fuck!" Aaron said, glaring at the room.

"Aaron, he's, like, missing. Not cheating on her." Aphmau explained.

"We're not even dating..."

Zane walked through the door, looking unsurprised that Travis was missing.

"Add it to the list. Kim's gone too." Zane said, his expression unchanging.

Lucinda flew into the room.

"We need to go find them now. Ein's probably using all of them as batteries." She said.

"Batteries?"

"Everyone that he took has magic in them. A Meif'wa, a possessed person, and a demon." Lucinda explained.

"T-Travis is a demon, Lucinda?" I said tears still rolling of my cheeks.

"Well, either half or possessed by one. The magic here is causing it to react and give him... er, outbursts."

"We have no time to lose. We go now. That weird shop that sells knives is still open." I declared, determined to find him.

I can't lose another lover.