Sorry I totally forgot what chapter this is and I'm too lazy to check

^(Song: Devils on Our Side, Artist: Jukebox the ghost aka my favorite band)^

C  O  L  B  Y

I reached Brennen's house and knocked on his door. No answer, I turned around.

"GAHHH!" I leapt back, seeing Brennen shouting from about one inch from my face. he held is camera out. "I got you bro!!!"

"GEEZ BRO." I put a hand over my chest. "You scared the poop right out of my butthole."

Brennen laughed. "Welcome home brother!" 

"Some welcome I get from you." I grinned.

We went inside his house and set up the camera in front of the couch. We were going to film a truth or strip video. I felt slightly bad since it was originally a Sam and Colby thing, but Sam and I wouldn't do it anymore for obvious reasons.

We were laughing the whole time, uncomfortable with what the questions were. We ended up both stripping down because of a compromise.

After the video, Jake left to do some random thing like get a haircut. Brennen and I flopped on the couch, recently having dressed ourselves (thank god). We laughed again about the video we'd just filmed. We calmed down a bit and started chatting.

"So, how's Sam?" Brennen suddenly asked. 

I paused. "Better, I think..."

Brennen furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Sam was worried about a girl I've been hanging out with, Bella. She told Sam that she was interested in me, and he didn't tell her that I was dating him," I explained.

"But she knows now? I mean you can't have her thinking you're single.."

"Well he told her I was dating someone. Just didn't say who."

There was some silence for a moment.i glanced at Brennen and he was staring out the window. He suddenly turned around and looked right at me. He squinted at me, and I looked back at him, bewildered.

"Do you love Sam?" 

I was taken aback. Of course I love Sam! I opened my mouth to say it, but something stopped me. I took my time, wanting to be sure I meant it when I said it. 

Sam was always there for me. I loved being with him and holding him and kissing him, I loved talking with him late into the night. He completed me as a person, building me up and making me a better person. We understood eachother.

"Of course I love Sam." 

Brennan's eyebrows furrowed again and he waited to reply for a minute. 

"Okay." He nodded and leaned back into the couch again.

We stopped talking for another second before I broke the silence.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because I know you, Colby. You can't help loving someone who loves you. If this girl loves you, how do you know you won't fall prey to that sympathetic feeling? How would you deal with loving two people at the same time? I'm just trying to look out for you, man." 

"But if you're already in love, you don't want to be in love with anyone else. A supermodel could walk in here right now and it wouldn't matter. I'd still be loyal."

Brennen blinked a few times and stared out the window again. "Just... Make sure you really love him, lest you hurt people by default." 

I nodded. He was talking sensibly, so I was willing to listen. He was smarter than he seemed on camera sometimes. 

After that the conversation chilled a lot. We talked about other YouTube stuff, how we were doing and all the usual things like food and tender greens. Eventually it was time for me to go home so I said goodbye, giving him a hug and driving off. Sam was in his room, and I went into my room to edit my video I'd filmed with Brennen. 

After a while I stopped editing and just spun around in my chair, lost in thought. 

Sam and I worked well together. We got along and we understood eachother perfectly. But was understanding enough?

I KNOW IT WAS SHORT but babies are short and you don't have anything against them do you? Ya racist.

(657)