....23

I'm not even going to attempt a catchy title cause I know it'll be cheesy🍕🧀🍔🍭🍮☕️🍱🥛☕️🍡🥛🍪🥂🍢☕️Idk where this is going I just got hungry 

PLEASE listen while reading and you will find this chapter so much better! This song is so amazing and it's like my favorite song right now. It goes with the chapter super well (Artist: Keaton Henson and Ren Ford, Song: Healah Dancing)

S  A  M

I couldn't face him. The sooner I talk to him, the sooner I'll know whether or not I'm right. I don't want to know, but I really want to know! If I'm wrong, then I wasted time pushing Colby away. If I'm right.... everything falls apart. 

He knows something's up, and I haven't given him a single hint at what I'm thinking. I can't, it might start something awful. An unraveling, a crumbling. How dare I have these thoughts, thoughts that could destroy everything? 

"Sam?" I jumped and the soft touch on my shoulder.

Spinning to face him, I breathed out slowly. I saw the look of determination and I knew what was coming.

"We have to talk." 

I closed my eyes and nodded, sitting on my bed. 

"What's wrong, Sam? What's on your mind?"

"You."

His forehead creased as a look of concern made its way onto his face. "What about me? Did I do something?"

I closed my eyes tight. "No, I did. I think I did something very bad. To you."

He leaned back, unsure of what to say or expect. "What do you mean?"

"I made you fall in love with me." I bit my lip, hoping to fall away and leave right now.

Colby relaxed. "Of course you did, dummy. You're too lovable, how could I resist?"

His playful words only deepened my dread. "That's not what I mean."

"Sam, you know you didn't force me, right? I decided in my own." 

"No, not directly. But i know you, Colby. You care too much about other people. You could never hurt someone else."

Colby looked utterly confused."Where are you going with this, Sam?" He whispered, as if he was starting to understand.

I gulped. "Colby, you can't help but love someone who loves you. It's in your nature." I looked deep into his eyes. "I love you, Colby."

My heart ached as I saw a flash of understanding in his eyes. He knew what I meant. 

"Sam-"

"Please go, just- I need to be alone," I choked out.

He looked at me sadly for a long time, then nodded and left my room. I couldn't do anything but bury my face in my pillow and wish I never got into this mess.

|387|