CHAPTER XLI

CHRISTOS' POV

NOVEMBER 19
1:13 p.m

DAY OF THE WEDDING

SHE LOOKS like an angel. Lying on the bench, her bouquet in her hands which are folded against the stomach.

My sweet Alice.

My fingers drag though her hair as I wish she was already awake.

The others will start towards the reception outside meanwhile I will stay here with her until she wakes up.

And so I sit down in the chair mother has pulled up for me and I wait.

As I wait I look down at my ring. I glance over at her hand, the diamond of her ring shining brightly.

A servant girl walks up to me apologetically and begins to fix Alice's makeup.

I didn't expect her to cry. I knew it was painful but I didn't think she'd cry. She doesn't show it a lot but I know she's very strong.

When she's done she scurries off, leaving the two of us alone.

I stare for what feels like forever before I notice her fidget.

Then she whimpers softly. I tap her.

"Hi love." I whisper, kissing her cheek. "My beautiful wife."

Her lips curl up a little and her eyes finally open.

"I feel so sleepy." She murmurs.

"I know." I help her sit up. "But we still have a whole reception out there waiting for us."

I help her to her feet and she wobbles.

"So am I a vampire now?" She rubs her neck where the servant girl put on a bandage. I don't like the bandage covering the bite, I want to see the mark.

"Yes and no." I smile. "By all means, yes you are. But you don't have any of the capabilities of one yet, nor the thirst for blood. Don't worry, it will all come in a weeks time."

Her arm is linked with mine tightly, with her too afraid she'll fall over.

We walk out into part of the garden, which is decorated for the reception.

"Is there food?" She asks in a whisper.

"Don't be silly." I chuckle. "Of course. Lots of food, and a big cake."

We round the corner of the garden and a crowd notices us.

Emily rushes through the crowd and over to us. She carefully grabs Alice.

"Are you okay?" She whispers to Alice.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She rubs her neck that is no doubt irritated.

"You sure? Positive? Do you need a glass of water? Maybe you should sit down." Emily frantically scans the garden for our table.

"Em, I'm fine." She murmurs, almost annoyed.

"Emily's right, perhaps you should sit down." I lead her towards our table.

Adalia looks up from her seat and offers a tight lipped smile. "Congratulations you two."

Lucifer sits next to her, sunken in his chair and looking down at his lap. Completely shaken. Haven't seen him like this since Adalia first brought him home.

I've still been looking into the whole Lucifer thing but I've put Alice as a priority over all that.

I pull out Alice's seat for her and sit down.

Alice feels better after we eat, insisting she wants to do the bouquet toss right after lunch.

I sit at the table with Jackson as Alice and Emily go out into the field for the toss.

"So how's it feel to be a married man?" He pours himself a drink. If it wasn't for Emily being Alice's sister and me making him the best man, I'm sure he would have only come for the booze.

"I don't feel much different. I thought I would." I frown.

Jackson shrugs. "It probably hasn't set in yet. I'd say give it a week when your looking back at Alice and she's got fangs."

A moment later Alice comes running up to the table, pulling Emily with her.

"Look who caught the bouquet." She chirps, pulling Emily in front of her.

"She purposefully threw it in my direction so I don't think this is a fair assumption to make-"

"Nope. You're going to be the next person engaged." Alice chimes. "Jackson, I'm looking at you."

Jackson chuckles nervously and sinks in his chair.

"Pour me a drink, yeah?" Emily leans against the back of Jackson's chair.

Jackson pours her a drink and and hands it back to her.

"Don't get too drunk." He tells her. "Won't be long before the garter toss."

"Isn't that for the guys?" She rests against his shoulder.

"Yeah, but the garter toss winner puts the garter on the bouquet toss winner." He sips from his glass.

"Geez, how many weddings have you been to?" She finally sits down next to him.

He has to think for a moment. "This one included? Twenty-eight."

"Jesus Christ." Emily mutters. "How?"

"You kidding? Someone in this damn realm is always getting married and then having kids like rabbits." He scoffs. "Besides, my family is almost always invited to every wedding, seeing as the chances we made the rings are about eighty percent."

I glance over at Alice and she's staring off at the field where people are dancing.

She quickly spins around and grabs my arm.

"We should go dance." She smiles.

"You don't know how to dance." I chuckle, standing up.

"Yeah but I mean, who's going to judge me? I'm the princess."

"I love the cockiness." I laugh as she pulls me into the field.

"It's not cockiness, it's confidence."

"Either way, it's new and I like it."

People start looking and taking pictures as we start dancing. Not surprising, this being our first dance and all.

Alice doesn't pay attention to anyone. I know she didn't want to do this because she felt it was a strict wedding tradition. She wanted to do this because it looked fun.

And I've never been a fan of dancing. I only learned how to for special occasions like this. When I was younger I always hoped my bride would hate dancing and wouldn't want our first dance to be any longer than it had to.

But now that I'm here, this really is kind of fun.