CHAPTER LI

ALICE'S POV

NOVEMBER 23
7:26 a.m

I WRAP a towel around my hair and sink into the loveseat. If there's one thing I love about this place, it's nice, warm bubble baths.

And Christos. But I mean, c'mon bubble baths man. And shampoo that smells really good.

I think of all my morning routines I used to have back when I stayed with Dad, trying to think of ways to incorporate them into my life now.

And then my heart practically stops.

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I run to the dresser, almost falling in my slippers. I dig through the drawers, scrambling through everything.

Where is it? Fuck. I used to take it every morning, how could I forget?

I start pulling out another drawer as Christos walks in with Jackson.

They round the corner, seeing me hanging over the disheveled dresser in a complete panic.

"I don't wanna know." Jackson sighs, starting towards the bathroom.

"What's wrong love?" Christos walks over, crouching down next to me.

"Wheres my birth control pills?"

He looks at me confused for a moment.

"I don't know. This probably won't help with how distressed you look but, if a servant found them, they probably threw them out."

"What? Why in the name of hell would they do that?"

"Well contraceptives are highly taboo here. That's why everyone's always running around with a bunch of kids."

"Fuck." I yell. Emily reminded me. She told me to make sure I was taking my pills now more than ever.

But ever since I moved in, I've been slipping up. That's probably why I've been so uncomfortable the last two weeks, I keep forgetting to take it.

"Christos, c'mom. I need to find them. They're not just a contraceptive and besides, I definitely don't need to be getting pregnant right now."

"Is this what this is about? You're worried you're going to get pregnant? Alice, there have been only two possible chances for you to get pregnant, what makes you think those are high odds?"

"I'm not saying they're high odds, I'm saying things happen. And besides, I need them to regulate my cycle too."

Christos starts putting the drawers back in order, not seeming as concerned as I am.

"Well I don't know what you want me to do. I can't get you any. We don't have birth control here. You'd have to work that out in the mortal realm."

"Getting a new case of pills is grueling." I groan. "Emily will kill me if she finds out. I'm so stupid."

"Hey, Hey, don't go saying stuff like that." He cradles my head but I push him away.

Jackson steps out of the bathroom and walks over.

"So what's wrong?"

"Alice can't find her birth control and she thinks I'm going to get her pregnant." Christos stands.

"Well since you're not very concerned about this, hope you don't mind keeping your hands to yourself until I can get a new pack of pills."

"What?" Christos spins around.