༺Chapter 3༻

The rocks rumble and the smaller ones roll off the pile and fall with a thud. Hooves stomp on the floor as Satan emerges from the darkness, giving off an ominous dark aura she never thought she'd encounter. He looks down at the two humans by his feet before turning and using the small amount of magic he has left to help the mere mortals he has grown accustomed to. A woman onlooker, unbeknownst to the two Ente Islan's, quickly and quietly makes her way out of the rubble, and up and out into the street...

~

The sound of something dropping caused Aiko to pull herself from the flashback she was having. Looking down she notices a box of band-aids at her feet.

"Oh gosh I'm sorry!" A high pitched voice said as Aiko bends down to pick up the box.

"It's alright, no big deal at all." She hands the box back to the young girl. "Wait a second, aren't you the girl who was with Maou and Emi yesterday at that café?"

A look of confusion crossed the highschooler's face before she answered.

"Yeah, that was me. Why, do you know Mr. Maou?" She seemed a little...protective of him. And that's putting it lightly.

"Um, well, I guess you could say that," Aiko chuckled a little, "I suppose you could call us...Friends." The woman thought for a moment, recounting the scene she saw yesterday.

"Oh! Okay! Thats fine then! My name's Chiho!" The younger of the two gave a closed eyed, enthusiastic smile and held out her hand.

"Aiko, nice to meet you," They shook hands.

"I hope you don't mind me saying, but you look vaguely familiar to me," Aiko says to the younger girl, "Have we met before?"

"I don't think so. I don't remember seeing you any-..."

"Miss Sasaki? Miss Yamagishi?" Both girls turned their heads to see a familiar tall blonde.

"Hi Mr. Ashiya!" Chiho waved to the man.

Aiko froze. Deathly still. Now that she knew the truth about Maou, she was able to deduce from the stories her mother told her, that Ashiya had to be the demon general Alciel. And yet, he stood before her, looking like such a helpless human.

Who Emi was, was still a mystery. Though Aiko knew she was from Ente Isla as well, and was apparently an enemy of some kind.

"Is Mr. Maou doing okay?" Chiho asked him.

"Yes he is doing quite well. If you'd like you can come over to check on hi-"

"I WOULD LOVE TO!" The younger girl shouted, startling both Aiko and Ashiya.

'Is this girl from our home world too? Is she whatever Emi is? Or maybe a female demon?'

"A-Ah, well then," he clears his throat, "And of course you may come too if you'd like Miss Yamagishi."

She didn't know what to say. She just couldn't imagine them living here like this. After all the tales she has heard. Living like mere mortals. It was almost unthinkable!

"I-It would be a pleasure," she finally spoke.

'Would it really? The King of demons and his right hand man would never want to befriend the likes of me...'

"Excellent, I was just ready to head out, are you both finished here?"

The girls both nodded and they soon followed the man out of the store.

"Oh, um, and Ashiya?" He turned his attention to her. "Y-You can just call me Aiko."

"Morning Mr. Maou!-" Chiho drops her bag and freezes on the spot.