༺Chapter 17༻

A part of Aiko regretted leaving the way she did, but only because of the fact that it was dark out, and she was walking home alone.

She had no idea what time it was and frankly she didn't really care. She just kept walking. The farther she was from the guys' apartment, the quieter it got around her. Cloaking her in an eerie silence.

Sniffling a little to clear her air ways, the girl took a deep breath and pulled out her phone.

8:09 pm.

2%.

'Right, I still need to buy a charger...'

Just as she put her phone back in her pocket, a familiar, high pitched voice broke her from her thoughts.

"Ms. Aiko!"

The bluenette look up and noticed the trio of females standing on the sidewalk beside a park. The one who called out to her, waving.

She quickly wiped her eyes of any remaining tears and approached the group.

"Hey guys. What are you all doing out here?" She spoke in an octave a little above a hushed tone.

"Suzuno wandered off so we went looking for her. Found her here," Emi answered.

"Ms. Aiko, were you crying? Your eyes are red and puffy..." Chiho questioned, worry the only emotion readable on her face.

"O-Oh! U-Uh...I, uh, tripped a little while ago. Hurt my wrist a bit. Yeah, heh..." She attempted to lie.

Judging by Chiho's puckered lips and narrowed eyes, and Emi's crossed arms and raised eyebrow, neither of them believed her. But they didn't press the subject. Even though Emi looked ready to interrogate the hell out of her.

'She knows it has something to do with him...'

Aiko confirmed in her head as she walked with the group down the street. Thankful that she wasn't alone anymore.

"So, uh, I've been wonderin', how's your job search?" Chiho broke the silence by asking Suzuno, who walked a few steps behind the other three, seemingly deep in thought.

"Cause if you haven't found one yet, I'm sure we could get you hired at MgRonald's with us!" She continued, "Could you imagine how much fun we'd all have working together!-"

"Good Chiho." Suzuno interrupted.

"Huh? Yeah?" The three glanced back and noticed the short woman had stopped walking.

"You should not associate with Maou any longer,"

Aiko's eyes widened a bit.

'Wait, does she...'

"What the crap Suzuno?!" Emi fully turns around.

"Emilia, please stay out of this,"

"Emilia? Ms. Yusa, how does she know your real name?"

"So you do know about King Satan. My instincts were correct."

"As were mine," Aiko added to the conversation.

"Wait what?! Aiko, you knew about Suzuno?"

"Not 100%, no. But I had suspicions ever since she first made the guys' dinner." She turned to face the blue haired woman, "You put an awful lot of celestial energy into the food you made."

"Do not expect me to be surprised that you hail from Ente Isla as well. I knew about that information ever since you had to explain your existence to the group. The walls in Villa Rosa Sasazuka are rather thin. Anyone can eavesdrop without much effort. Because of your heritage the half demon in you makes you an enemy of the Church. Thus making you my enemy as well,"