༺Chapter 20༻

"So? What'll you do? Call the cops or no?"

The man, for a moment, had nothing to say.

"With all the crap your company's pulling, I'm amazed you actually want the police here." She continues.

"I don't know who you are, ma'am. But if you keep messing with us, you'll have worse than the police to deal with, get it?!" The fraudster tries to threaten.

"Even the Japan self-defense forces would have trouble taking on Emi," Maou murmurs beside Aiko.

"Damn straight..." She whispers back to him.

"Hm, so as you can see..." Emi holds up her phone in her hand, "The moment I stepped in, this company starts threatening me...Did you get all that?"

"Loud and clear!" Chiho's high pitched voice sounds from the device in the hero's hand.

"W-What?!" The man stammers.

"So! Are you calling the cops or not? Cause if you do, I'll give them a recording of everything you three said,"

The room went silent, save for the faint sounds that the building itself was making.

"Hm, right, let's go," The red-head turns on her heel and starts walking to the front door.

"Staying here any longer isn't gonna force them to deal with us. Let's just make them happy and leave," Aiko and Maou both silently agreed and follow the female out of the building.

"But wait! Emi, why are you even here?" Aiko quizzically asks as they exit.

Once they reach the outside, Maou stammers in his stride. Forcing Aiko to stop as well.

"Huh? Suzuno?!" Without a word spoken, said woman walks up to the closed doors and forcefully thrusts her open palm onto them, causing a blast of energy to surround the structure.

"Got it?" Emi asks.

"All set." The monotonous woman replies.

"Uhh..." Both Maou and Aiko stood side by side, waiting for an explanation.

"If you will allow me to summarize," Suzuno turns to the pair, "Emilia and Chiho saw right through your shallow intelligence."

Aiko sweatdrops.

'Well, that wasn't very nice...'

Emi crosses her arms and looks off to the side, refusing to meet his gaze.

"At first I was pissed off beyond imagining. But...once I started thinking about why you went to Tokyo city hall, without even thinking about anything..." Her words gradually started getting quieter and more mumbled.

"Um, what? Can't hear you-"

"Ugh, look! Lucifer saved my life, okay? So I wanted to go and thank him! And then I saw all that crazy junk in there..."

"Oh, so..."

"But anyway! It made me sick owing you demons such a favor. If I didn't show you some gratitude, it'd damage my name as a Hero!" She raises her hand and points towards him, "If I succeed here, that'll be worth even more than that stupid tracking device, so we'll be even! You got that?!"

"Uh...well, if you're gonna help me," Maou bows in Emi's direction. Causing her to fumble on her words, "Then thanks,"

"...I-If you understand, then fine!" She looks away again, and Suzuno even cracked a small smile.

Aiko turns to Maou who just stood up straight from his bowed position.

"I'm sorry Maou," all three pairs of eyes turn onto the small female, "I wanted to help you too. That's why I came with you. But I guess it was all for naught. I should have been smarter like Emi and Chi." Now it was her turn to bow, "Please accept my sincere apology,"