༺Chapter 24༻

"I really wish I had a car or something..." Aiko mumbles into her fluffy scarf secured around her neck. The late-December weather causing her cheeks and nose to become rosy.

"Yeah, but at least we're almost at Mr. Maou's."

"I suppose. Did you check to see if he was even home?"

"Mhm! He met up with Mr. Ashiya at the grocery store and are on there way home now! So we'll meet 'em there."

"Sounds good," The two females make the rest of their trek, which wasn't very long, in silence. They hurried their way up the metal staircase in a desperate attempt to get out of the cold. Aiko opened the door to the apartment and hurriedly ushered them both in.

"Ah, thank Satan, it's so warm in here," she sighs in bliss. Just as she takes off her scarf, however, the faint sound of a groan entered both girl's ears.

'Huh?'

Turning around at the source of the noise, Aiko's eyes land on Urushihara. He was hunched over his computer table, head leaning on the edge, blanket wrapped around his slim frame.

"Hara? You okay?" She hastily walks over to his side.

"Hmm?" Was his only reply, not even lifting his head.

"Are you okay?" She asks him again.

"Just, kinda hot..." His voice sounds hoarse and forced.

"Really?" Without a second thought, the silver-haired female kneels down beside him, not failing to notice how he had one arm clutching his abdomen.

"It's really warm in here, and you have a blanket on. Maybe that's the problem..."

After removing the blanket off his back, Aiko became worried. His face was rather pale and his lips were parted slightly, breathing in short, panted breaths.

She gently places her hand on his forehead and cheeks.

"H-Hara! You're burning up!" Ready to stand back on her feet, she didn't get the chance to. The purple-haired boy slowly began leaning in her direction before falling completely into her arms.

"Hara?" She tried to shake him awake, "Come on, this isn't funny..."

"........"

"...L-Lucifer?"

"........"

Aiko gasps. After not responding for the second time, a sudden, small droplet of blood starts leaking from his nose.

"C-Chiho! Call an ambulance! Hurry!"

The sound of quickened footsteps made the young girl waiting at the front entrance of the hospital turn around at their source.

"We got here as quick as we could,"

"Ms. Sasaki, what in the world happened?"

"W-Well, Ms. Aiko and I went to your place as we said we would. But, when we got there, Mr. Urushihara wasn't feeling too good. He didn't look it either. And when Ms. Aiko went to check on him, he just passed out, and his nose started bleeding." The high-schooler explains as the two males were escorted by her to the waiting room.

"He has been actin' a bit strange these past few days hasn't he?" Maou remembers.

"I noted it as peculiar as well, my liege. But simply brushed it off. I now realize my error."