༺Chapter 22༻

{•Happy late Halloween! \(^~^)/•}

"You want us to do what now?"

"Come to my school's Halloween festival!" Chiho bounces up and down in excitement.

"What is this, Halloween?" Suzuno asks the teenager.

"It's a holiday on the 31st of October when people dress up in scary costumes and have fun with party games and candy and stuff!"

"Oooo that does sound fun!" Aiko exclaims happily.

"Right?! So, will you guys go?"

"When did you say it was?" Maou asks.

"This Saturday,"

"Alright, yeah I can make it that day,"

Chiho looked on the brink of happy tears when Maou accepted her invite.

"I'll go too. Aiko's right, it sounds like a pretty fun time," Emi says with a smile.

"Well, since my king is going, I suppose I shall too,"

"Me as well," Suzuno and Ashiya were now both in.

That left one person.

"Hara?"

"No," He immediately responds.

"Aww, come on..." Aiko sits on her knees and gives him her biggest puppy dog eyes, "Pleeeeeease?"

Even though he only took a quick glance at the girl beside him, the purple-haired boy's face blushes, and he couldn't keep eye contact.

"...Damn it! You suck you know that?"

She pouts a little more, sticking her bottom lip out.

"Fine! Fine, alright? I'll go to the stupid festival..." He grumbles.

"Yay!" She wraps her arms around his torso and hugs him tightly.

His body stiffens on instinct but quickly relaxes as he feels the female's warmth radiate into his body. A content smile faintly appearing on his face.

After Maou and Ashiya walked in on the two, it became known to the whole group that there was a romantic bond between the former general and newly converted angel.

Even Emi.

And boy, Aiko sure was glad she wasn't there when she was told it was official.

"Oh! We should all go out and pick costumes together!" Chiho suggests.

"We could probably do it tomorrow around 5ish. That way you'll be out of school, and Maou and Emi will get off work. Plus tomorrow is my day off!" Aiko happily replies.

"That's great! So we'll all meet at the strip mall at, say, 5:30?"

"That sounds fine to me," Maou agrees as everyone else just nods their heads.

"Yay! Okay, see you guys tomorrow!" The young girl waves as she finally heads out the door to return home.

Aiko leans in more towards the purple-haired boy beside her and lightly pecks his cheek. Which, of course, makes it turn a bright shade of pink.

"Thank you," she says to him.

He gives her a small smile in return and wraps his arm around her waist.

"Oh wow! They have a bigger selection than I thought," Emi looks around the store in awe.