༺Chapter 13༻

"Oh puh-leeeease! You can't lie to me Aiko!"

"I-I'm not lying!"

"That stutter contradicts that statement~"

The bluenette sighs as she continues to finish arranging her last order of an assortment of flowers.

"Shiori, I don't have a boyfriend,"

'Shiori' wiggles her eyebrows with a smirk on her face.

"But you are major crushing,"

Aiko's face ignited with heat and she knew her co-worker could see just how red her face got.

"You are! Who is it?! What's his name?!"

"I-It's no one! P-Please stop shouting or Mrs. Hayashi will fire you!" She whisper yelled.

"Eeeek! My little blue bean has a crush! She's growing up so fast!" The brown haired girl rubs the top of her shorter coworkers head in excitement.

Shiori is Aiko's, very energetic, coworker at the flower shop. Though Aiko wouldn't necessarily consider them 'friends' per say, just acquaintances.

Even if Shiori may disagree.

Unfortunately the half demon feels no real vibe from her. Nothing drawing her in to get close and trust. But she doesn't hate her.

Just a nice person to talk to during shifts.

After Aiko finishes tying the ribbon around the vase, the lime-tinted glass door to the small shop opens, ringing the tiny bell above and alerting the two workers of potential customers.

Two sets of eyes dart in the direction of the sound and notice a male and female enter.

"Hi Ms. Aiko!" The familiar, high pitched voice echoes throughout the store.

"Hey Chi, hey Maou. Wait there just a sec, I'll grab my stuff from the back," Aiko turns on her heel and heads for the door to the back room, gathering her bag and changing out of her uniform.

The girl was discharged from the hospital two days ago, the morning after her flight with Lucifer.

The morning after, that.

Yesterday was a rest day, day off work, generously given to her from her incredibly sweet boss.

But that day was filled with nothing but anxiety.

Anxiety over how Hara was handling the kiss she instinctively gave him. As he was pretty much unresponsive the rest of that night, and the next day.

A tight knot formed in the pit of Aiko's stomach after leaving the back room. Maou and Chiho came by after their shift ended to pick her up, taking her to the boys' apartment to talk about what they couldn't because of the incident that happened.

So she would be seeing the purple haired boy today. Face to face.

"Aww, so you aren't the one!" She heard her coworker's voice as she shut the door behind her.

"U-Uh..." Maou answered her. She seemed to have been talking to him. Well, interrogated may be a better word for it.

Chiho was standing off to the side, face red and pouting, arms crossed over her, rather large, chest.

"Shiori," Aiko growled as she approached the three. "What do you think you are doing?"

"Nothing~" She sing songed before going back over to her station.

Aiko just sighs as she gestures for her friends to leave, and finally making their way to the usual hangout spot.