༺Chapter 8༻

"Huh? What do you mean Aiko isn't human?" Maou questions.

"You know the whole, 'gain magic from human fear' thing? Yeah, I got none from her while playing this game," Urushihara answers.

"How positive are you about this accusation?" Ashiya hops in.

"Pretty positive man. She was scared the entire time, got freaked out at every jump scare. And I got nothin' from it. Not even an ounce of magic."

"Alright, so let's say this is true. If she isn't human, than who, or really what, is she?"

"......"

".........."

"..............."

"WAIT!!"

~Meanwhile~

"Sooooo~" The strawberry blonde sing songs.

"Hmm?"

"You and Mr. Urushihara?"

"What about us?"

"Oh come on! You two always play that online game together, and now you guys are hanging out!?Alone!?"

"...Yeeeeeah?" Aiko drags, not entirely getting the other girls point due to her obliviousness.

"YOU LIKE HIM DON'T YOU?!!" Chiho squeals so loud that it echoes down the road, and makes her friend jump in surprise.

"W-W-What?! What are you getting at?!" Aiko responds, her cheeks now fully painted with a passionate red.

"Oh my god you do! You're blushing like crazy! You totally do! You like Mr. Urushihara!" She claps and jumps up and down.

"Shh! Keep it down! I do not like him like that!" She lies. More to herself than to Chiho.

"Awwww! You're so cuuuute~" The younger female giggles.

"Cute you are indeed," A new voice enters the conversation. This one low and gravelly, male no doubt.

Both girls turn around to see two men standing behind them. One a more burly man, the other a little more scrawny. To the right of them stood another, rather muscular, man leaning against the opening to an alleyway.

Aiko clenched her fists, ready to fight, but was torn away as two beefy hands took hold of her arms, pinning them behind her. The owner of said arms' voice sounded next to her ear, causing a chill to run through her.

"We'd make a pretty penny off you two gals,"

"Let her go!!" Chiho's high pitch voice yelled.

"Chiho go! I can handle this!"

"Are you crazy?! There are four of them- AHH!!" While the girls were distracted, one of the other men grabbed Chiho by her hair and pulled her to him.

"NO!!" Aiko shouted before forcing her foot between the man's legs behind her, wrapping her foot around his and pulling it forward, pushing her body weight back and making him fall with her.

The man's hands released her arms and the female took this as her chance to hop up and face the others.

"It would be in your best interest to let my friend go," She growls out. The three men started laughing.