༺Chapter 14༻

The day after the group's little "explanation" meeting, Aiko still couldn't shake the thought of someone deliberately trying to get a hold of her.

Let alone Angels.

And on top of that, she hadn't made any real progress with Urushihara.

He never seemed to want to talk to her, and hasn't been online lately. Fear was starting to take over Aiko's mind.

'Have I really screwed this up?...'

She thinks as she finishes off towel drying her hair from just getting out of the shower.

As if on cue, music started to play throughout the young girl's room. The last chorus of CLØWD's ANTITHESE rang on her cell phone as she rushed over to her nightstand, answering it in such haste that she didn't even see the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hey Aiko, sorry to bug ya, but can I ask a favor?" Maou's voice sounded on the other end of the line.

"Yeah sure, what's up?"

"My manager asked me to stay a little longer at my shift today, so I won't make it home in time to help Ashiya with lunch. He came down with a massive stomach ache this morning and can barely stand up. Do you think you could stop by to help him? Urushihara ain't gonna do anything,"

"Yeah I can do that no problem at all! It's the least I can do. Good thing it's sunday and I have the day off," she chuckles.

"Great! Thanks so much, I owe you one,"

"Don't mention it, Maou. I'll see you later,"

After saying their goodbyes, Aiko goes to her closet to start getting ready to leave.

'If that wasn't a sign to confront Hara, than I don't know what would be.'

*Knock knock knock*

Her knuckles rasp against the familiar wooden door.

Again there were muffled voices heard as well as a faint thud. Aiko shook her head slightly and chortled.

'His legs fell asleep again,'

The door swung open, and there stood said boy whose legs were formally asleep.

Aiko gave him an awkward smile.

"Hey Hara,"

"...Hey," he mumbles before turning and going back to the computer.

"Hmph..." the girl pouts as she enters the room.

"Ms. Yamagishi? What brings you here?" Aiko turns her eyes in the direction of the voice. A sickly looking Ashiya was leaning up against the wall, blanket around his body, and book in hand.

"Typical Ashiya, so formal. Even after you know me as your niece you still insist on calling me 'Ms.'? Just call me Aiko. Or else I'll start calling you Uncle,"

"Info received, I shall try to remember," his stomach then lets out a quick gurgle and he places his hand on it, groaning slightly in pain.

"And that's why I am here. Maou said he has to work a couple hours more than planned, and he told me how you weren't feeling good, so I'm here to make you guys a late lunch. Or actually, I bought you guys lunch!" She holds up a plastic bag that holds three cups of soup.

Urushihara whips his head around at this information.

"You are too kind Ms. Ya-...Aiko," She smiles brightly at his attempt to say her first name.