༺Chapter 16༻

She couldn't get him out of her head all day. Not even at work could the environment of beautiful flowers distract her.

No matter what she did, or what she thought, he was always there.

It was almost 10 pm, and after about three agonizing hours of just staring into space as some random show on the tv played in the background, she couldn't take it anymore.

Aiko reaches for her laptop on the table and immediately opens a new tab.

Typing in the search engine, "How to stop thinking about someone".

'15 Ways to get your ex out of your head'

'How to stop thinking about someone you still like'

'How to stop obsessing over your crush'

"This is ridiculous..." she mutters to herself.

'I don't have a crush! He isn't my ex! Im not in love with him!...'

'....Am i?'

Aiko then immediately thinks back to when they shared that kiss. Up until now she never thought of it in a romantic way. She only did it out of instinct, because it felt right.

Maybe there was more to it than that...

Clearing her browser, she types in a new search term.

"How do I know if I'm in love?"

There were tons of results. At least half of which were quizzes with similar titles.

She clicked the link of the first one she saw.

"Are You Actually In Love?"

'Well, only one way to find out I guess,'

It is an eight question quiz.

First question:

"How flawed is the person you are 'in love' with?"

'That's...a bit of a mean question. But...'

She reads through each of the five answers carefully, and thinks back to everything she knows about Hara. Finally deciding on the answer,

They are flawed, but I love them nonetheless

Second question:

"Can you name this person's favorite food/tv shows/band/movie/video game?"

'Well this one's easy,'

Yes of course!

Third question:

"Can you imagine spending an entire week alone with them in a cabin, with no one else around?"

'Who am I to lie to myself...I've definitely thought about something like that before...'

It would be nice as long as we had internet and each other

Fourth question:

"What are your arguments like?"

'Uh...'

We've never had an argument yet

Fifth question:

"Would you feel the same about your partner if they lost their job and became significantly less physically attractive?"

'This one is a no brainer,'

Of course! And I'd do anything I could to help them get through an obviously difficult time.