Chapter 2

Ayesha's POV-

I woke up to my alarm ringing through my head. I groaned and got up rubbing my eyes excessively. After a while of scrolling through my phone I decided I should probably get ready and head to the restaurant.

After about an hour of getting ready I got in my car and headed to International Smoke. And as always, it was busy. I sighed knowing today would be a busy and tiring day, like usual. I went back to the kitchen to make sure everything was good. "Y'all alright back here?"

"Yeah, but can you go serve these drinks? I would but I'm preparing these ribs," one of my employees asked me.

"Yeah of course," I smiled before grabbing the drinks. I walked out of the kitchen and immediately ran into a figure causing me to spill all of the drinks. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!"

"No, it's my fault, really," the man said. I looked up and was breath taken. I snapped out of my thoughts so I didn't seem like a weirdo.

"I'm Ayesha," I smiled, then continued to clean up the mess I just made a few seconds ago.

"I'm Anthony, and this is completely my fault. Here let me help you," He said taking the rag from my hands and started to clean up the liquids all over the floor.

"You don't have to, really. I work here, so it's kind of my job," I said and he chuckled.

"It doesn't look like you work here," he said, getting up after finishing up cleaning the mess. I was confused, then realized I had my normal clothes on.

"Well I'm the owner slash boss. Whatever you wanna call it," I smiled as he nodded his head.

"Well I love it here," he continued to talk but I got distracted from his gorgeous face. "You okay?" He chuckled causing me to focus back to him.

"Thank you, it's a lot of work though. I can never catch a break," I sighed wondering why I was telling him my life story.

"Well since you're the boss, and you need to catch a break, how about I take you out?" He asked. I was a bit surprised from how fast he asked me, but either way I was way too excited and was definitely not going to deny the offer.

"That sounds amazing actually," I said trying not to sound overly happy.

"How about tonight? Or is that too soon?"

"No, it's perfect. Here's my number," I said giving him all my information.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later Ayesha," he smiled then started to walk away.

"Bye Anthony!" I said. When I knew he was out of hearing distance I squealed and started to dance until I started earning looks from people.

..........

Anthony said we would pick me up around seven so right now I was back at my place getting ready. And man, was I struggling. I haven't been on a date in forever. So to see the least, I was freaking out. I was freaking out so much, I had to call Blaire.

"What's up Ish?" She asked me. I explained everything over to her and was starting to have second doubts about this date.

"Relax. Just wear something casual. It will look like you're trying, just not to hard. And oh my gosh I'm so excited for you. Maybe some good d is all you need to chill with the attitude you've been having lately," Blaire teased over the phone.

"Ugh shut up, I don't have a attitude! And peace out I need to get ready," I said. We said our goodbyes then ended the call.

I decided on some white jeans, with a off the shoulders shirt, with some lace up sandals. I straightened my hair, and put on some light, natural makeup. While waiting for Anthony to get here I scrolled through my phone to keep up with the latest buzz. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a few knocks on my door.

"Hey," I smiled, greeting Anthony.

"Hey, and for you," He said giving me a bouquet of flowers. I happily took them and took in the good scent.

"Thank you so much, just hold on for a second," I said and he nodded. I ran to my kitchen, got a vase, put some water in it, then put the flowers in it setting it on the counter.

We got into his car and made small talk while he drove to whatever restaurant we were going to. We finally pulled up to this busy building and got out of the car.

"Reservations for Montoya please," Anthony said to the workers. That's a sexy last name. The waitress took us back to our seats and I immediately started to scan the menu.

"That hungry huh?" Anthony chuckled.

"Yes, definitely. I haven't ate anything all day," I said continuing to look at the menu.

After a while Anthony broke the silence. "Damn, That steak looks good."

"If you like steak, I'm gonna have to make you some. Some people say I make the best in the city," I chuckled looking at Anthony. He didn't say anything, then suddenly he raised his eyebrows.

"How did I not recognize you? You're everywhere. Like no joke," he said looking very amused. "Ayesha Alexander."

"Yup that's me. The one and only," I joked. "Well since you seem to have a general idea about me, what about you? Tell me what's up."

Anthony gave me a short summary of his life story, and vice versa.

"Wait so you're telling me that even with a broken bone that was sticking out of your body you still went snowboarding!?" He nodded and we both bursted out laughing.

We talked for a bit longer, then we ate our meals not saying much from how hungry we were.

We decided to call it a night. We pulled up into my driveway and I looked at him.

"Thank you for tonight it was fun. And very much needed," I smiled.

"Yes it was. And we need to do it again."

"For sure. Text me later," I smiled getting out of the car. I waved one last time before heading into the house. I texted Blaire.

Me: I think I found my plus one

_________________
Thank you for reading!!
Vote and comment!
💥