Chapter 9

Ayesha's POV-

It was now 3 in the morning. It was now the day of Blaire's wedding, and I was in bed pondering over what happened in the past hours.

How Anthony left me, and how Steph treated me like complete trash. It's seems like now everyday Steph has something to do with my life in a negative way. He was stripping away my happiness away piece by piece to the point where I'm in bed, getting drunk, thinking about him.

I was over him, and I needed to confront him one last time before I try to cut all connections to him. And after this day, Steph will just be another stranger.

I got into my car and drove to Steph's place, even though I was under the influence. I didn't care that it was three in the morning.

Once I arrived to his all the lights were off, but I knew he was home. I knocked on the door and waited for a solid three minutes. Finally the door opened to show a tired and sleepy Steph, shirtless.

"Ayesha?" Stephen asked, widening the door so I could walk in. He shut the door and looked over at me. "What are you doing here?

"I thought you genuinely loved me," I could already feel the tears flowing down my face.

"What are you talking about?"

"I thought that our history and past was enough for you to actually treat me like I'm a human being," I continued to cry.

"That what we had was something meaningful," I sobbed.

"Are you okay?"

"No I'm not okay! Look at me! I'm a mess, and it's all because of you! Do you not realize what you're doing? Am I that useless to you that you don't even see how much you're actually effecting me?"

"Have you not realized that you asking me if I was okay was the nicest thing you have said to me in the last 5 years?"

"She told me Steph. She told me how you thought our relationship was a huge waste of your time, and that you never actually loved me, and that there was nothing to love me. And that breaking up with me was the best decision of your life," I croaked.

"Who said that?"

"Who do you think? Camila obviously," I said taking a drink out of my flask.

"I never said that Ish, you have to believe me! She's trying to get in your head, and obviously it's working."

"And if I believed you, then what? It doesn't change a thing. You're over me," I said wiping away the tears that just kept coming. I just realized he called me Ish after several years.

"I told myself before I got here that I wouldn't cry over you. But here I am crying over you, again. Here I am pouring my soul out to you, again. Here I am still with a shred of hope, again. Stephen after the wedding I don't think I'm ever going to be able to be around you. It's just not good for me. That's why I'm here. I'm not here to make you apologize to me, or to tell you to stop treating me how you are. I'm hear to tell you goodbye. A final goodbye."

"Can we talk for a little bit longer, please? And you're under the influence you can't drive back."

"So you want me to stay here?"

"You could, yeah."

"I need to go home, but thanks anyways," I said wiping my final tears away.

"Fine, just let me have one of my drivers drive you back." Realizing that was the best decision, I nodded my head yes.

I got into the car and let out a huge sigh. I still felt empty and that there was a puzzle piece I was missing. But that feeling will probably always be there forever. And I'm just going to have to learn how to live with it.

_________________

Thanks for reading!!
Vote and comment!
💥