Chapter 18

Ayeshas POV

Stephen and I were walking down the empty shore. The only light showing was the bright light being reflected off the moon and the buildings along the shore. The sound of the waves echoed through my ears, but it was silent between Steph and I.

"You know, this is the same shore we went to when we first came to California. Before my first season started up, before everything," he said, probably referring to our breakup, which made my heart break. Our hands were interlocked.

"That was a fun and definitely unforgettable day," I mumbled. We walked pass this younger couple who were noticeably very in love. The body language, laughter, and the way they looked at each other proved it.

It made me think to back when Steph and I were younger. What we were, what we could have been. We were the same happy couple, who were so in love and didn't give a care in the world. It was just him and I. But then when things got rough down the road I doubted us, and I doubted us so much that I am the reason we broke up five years ago. I started to feel my eyes fill with tears. Apparently my thoughts got the best of me because Steph was talking the whole time, and I didn't even notice.

"What are you thinking about? You just blocked out everything," Stephen chuckled. He used his pointer finger to gently make me look up at him. "Ish are you okay, what's wrong?" He asked, must've noticing my few tears.

I stopped us in our tracks and turned my body towards him. He looked at me, confusion and nervousness written all over his face. He tucked a piece of my loose hair behind my ear and took my hands in is. "Take as long as you need. Is it about tonight?"

I took a deep breath and shook my head no. "No. It's about us, and what happened in college," I whispered, trying to keep the rest of my tears from falling.

"What about it?" Stephen asked. It was clear he was uneasy about the topic as well. Then I just broke out.

"I'm sorry I gave up on you so easily. That I gave up on us so easily," I croaked through the tears. He wiped them away.

"Ish, why are you saying this? It's okay," he said. He pulled me into a hug.

"No it's not. That's the thing. It's not okay," I whispered pulling away from the hug. "You gave me everything, and when things got rough I backed out. I gave up even though you didn't. I'm a coward! Things could have been, would have been so much different if I would have just stayed. God, why am I like this!"

"Ish, calm down. It's okay. Here sit down," he said gently pulling me down so we were sitting on the shore. "It's done and over with. I got over it, you got over it. And plus look at us now. We found a way back to each other, didn't we?" There was a pause as we stared at each other. "Why is this on you mind anyways?"

"I don't know. Because I owe you an apology. Because I gave up on us," I closed my eyes as he pulled me down to his chest.

"You don't owe me anything. Let's forget about all the bad things that have happened between us. Let's on focus on the good. Focus on living in the moment," he said rubbing my back.

"Sounds good to me," I mumbled into his shirt, which was probably soaked by now. But the waterworks stopped a while ago. "I love you."

"I love you," he whispered back making me smile against his chest. "From now on its just me and you. No flings, nothing from the past, just me and you."

"Just me and you," I said looking up at him. I giggled not knowing why causing him to smile and furrow his eyebrows.

"What?" He asked seeming very serious, but his smile at the end made me think different.

"Nothing, I just love you," I said hugging him with so much force that we both ended up laying on the beach.

"Ish," he said making me look at up him. I was about to respond but he cut me off with a very passionate, long kiss. After a few very heated minutes, I pulled away as we both grasped for air.

"Can we go get some frozen yogurt? It sounds super good right now," I said truthfully. I got up from the sand and wiped it off my body. I looked down at Steph who had his eyebrows raised staring at me. "What?" I laughed.

"Way to ruin the moment," he chuckled causing me to playfully roll my eyes. He held his hand out and I helped him up.

"Well it really does sound good. And plus it's not like I would have just done the nasty with you in the wide open. Can't risk people seeing us. And the only place sand should be is between the sea and land, not anywhere else it shouldn't be," I said causing Steph to laugh. "And plus I'm on my period."

"Hmm, explains the cravings and the waterworks you've had today," he chuckled causing me to slap him on his arm. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding, Ish. Let's go get you some fro-yo."
_____________________
Thanks for reading!!
Make sure to vote and leave a comment!!
💥