Chapter 7

Ayesha's POV-

I sighed as I finished eating my breakfast in my empty home. The house was so silent that even the slightest movement would echo throughout every inch of the home. I put my dishes in the sink and walked up to the master bedroom to take a shower and get ready for the day.

Once I was finally ready I headed out the door to my car. I was going to a photo shoot, so I was happy I didn't have to do my makeup and that they would be doing it for me.

I arrived to my destination and the workers immediately went to work on me. And before you know it, my hair and makeup were both done. Hours after flashes all up in my face I was finally done. I decided I should go to my restaurant and check on it since I haven't been there in a while. I changed the heels I was in to some comfortable sneakers and made my way to International Smoke.

As soon as I got there I was greeted by all of my workers and some of the customers. "Ish, it's so good to see you!" said Taylor, but she kept her focus on the plate she was finishing up.

"You too, Girl! You need my help with anything?"

"Yes, actually. While I'm finishing this meal up can you go take my tables order? I've been so busy!"

"Of course girl, I gotchu," I said. It took a pencil and a pad and made my way over to Taylor's section. And just to my luck there was Camila. I was relived to see she wasn't with Steph, but another girl. I rolled my eyes walking up to the table.

"You work here?" She sassed, rolling her eyes.

"I own it," I smirked seeing her shrug shoulders.

"Well in that case, we won't be eating. But I might as well talk to you while I'm here."

"And whats there to talk about?"

"Look I have no idea what your problem is. I don't know what you have to do with Steph but just stay out of our lives. It would do us both a huge favor."

"Hm, so I see Steph hasn't told you about our past then?"

"What past?"

"We dated in college. That's what I have to do with Steph."

"Oh, now that I think about it he has mentioned you. Well not your name specifically, but the relationship he had in college. Maybe he thinks you were just such a waste of time and that your so useless and not important that mentioning your names wasn't worth his while," she paused for a moment, "man the things he said about you! 'That Girl was such a waste of my time' and 'now that I think about it I didn't love her, what's there to love about her?' Oh and he's the one who broke up with you, am I right? He said something along the lines of 'I'm so glad I broke up with her. To think I actually saw something in her. Now I have someone like you. Someone pretty, useful, and not a waste of my time,' oh and I almost forgot when he said-," she kept talking and talking as my eyes started to blur but I didn't let the tears fall. I looked down at my feet.

"I get it," I finally said, cutting her off.

"Do you though?  I honestly hope you do honey. Stop thinking you're all that. You're useless to everyone, obviously," she went on and on but I stopped her.

"Save it for someone who cares, Camila. Let's just move on okay? Have fun with my leftovers," I cheesed.

"Well to Steph I'm a whole new meal, honey. One that is much better. I should get going, don't wanna waist more of my time on someone as pathetic, vulnerable, and ugly as you. Would you get out of my way?" She said pushing past me, scoffing. I didn't saying anything else to her, but instead I booked it out of the restaurant so I could go home.

"Ish are you okay? What's the matter?" Taylor asked me, without saying anything I just kept walking out the back door to my car.

I drove straight to my house. As soon as I got to my driveway I stormed into my house, into the closet. I pulled the box out that held all my photos with Steph. I walked over to my bed and dumped all the photos out.

It was then and there when I let all the tears flow out. I honestly thought what Steph and I had back in college was at least something meaningful to him, but obviously not.

I started looking at all the photos that were laid out on the bed. I had no idea why I was crying about him 5 years later. Maybe it was just the fact that maybe there was a genuine love between us still, and even if it wasn't the love we had, I thought it was still there. But apparently he was just faking it.

All the Polaroids of us had little captions on them; some read the date we got together, some with little hashtags like #foreverever that shit was just making me sick to look at and read.

I called the one person that I thought could comfort me without telling them what happened. Anthony. He said he could come over, so after taking a last look at the photos, and shedding the last tears I would ever shed for this man, I put the photos away.

_____________________

Thanks for reading!!
Vote and comment!
💥