Chapter 13

I'm sorry I haven't been updating, but that will change, trust me!!
—————————————
Ayesha's POV-

When I first woke up my eye sight was blurred, then when I was fully focused I recognized where I was. "Shit," I groaned to my myself at a whisper. I instantly got a major headache thinking of the events that occurred last night. Yeah at first we were having a good, friendly time. Then next thing you know we are having sex like nothing's changed.

Yes, it felt nice to be connected to Stephen, but I'm not the type to get dirty in the sheets right away. Not to mention there was obviously still things to patch up between the two of us. As I was trying to figure out something to do I heard Stephen groan, then he started to toss and turn. I immediately closed me eyes in hopes he wouldn't know I was awake. The bed shifted, then I felt a kiss on my cheek as he walked away. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get butterflies. The shower started to run, so I figured I'd just go back to sleep in the mean time.

Before I knew it, I woke up once again to the smell of bacon. I got up and made myself more presentable before walking downstairs. I saw Steph, dressed in what seems to be work out clothes, back faced towards me making breakfast.

"Hey," I said causing him to turn back and look at me. Him returning the small smile I gave. I sat down on a stool next to the large island.

"Hey," He said turning his focus back to the oven. "You're just in time, breakfast is almost ready." He slid me over a cup of coffee, just what I needed. I tasted it and was surprised that he remembered how I liked my coffee. It had to have the perfect amount of milk, a certain spice, and a very specific creamer.

"How'd you remember?" I smiled, taking another sip of the warm coffee Stephen made moments ago.

"We were together for a long time, Ish," he said, as he started to make our plates. "And it's what you drank 24/7, so how could I forget?" he said chuckling.

"True," I said as he handed me my plate, he took a seat next to me and the awkward silence kicked in. I broke the silence thinking about last night. "Look, I'm sorry about last night. I came onto you, and-," he cut me off.

"Ish, you don't have apologize. You didn't even do anything wrong, so don't feel sorry."

I was about to argue against his argument but he raised his brows and finger. I sighed in defeat. "You know, you didn't have to make breakfast."

"Well I'm not the type to just leave a girl hanging after an intimate night. And plus you're you, why wouldn't I?" Stephen said, his green hazel orbs staring into mine. I could feel my blush.

"Well I must say, you're cooking has definitely gotten better since I can remember. I'm surprised you didn't burn the house down, because we both know how you were in college," I said causing him to chuckle.

"Well don't be too impressed yet, I'll be lucky if you make it out of here without food poisoning," he joked, causing me to smile shaking me head. I looked at the time on my phone.

"I actually should get going soon. You know work and all," I sighed, washing my plate off.

"Yeah me too, gotta go hit the gym," he said walking over to me, "not to long before the season starts up." He took my plate away while I was washing it. I looked up at him confusingly. "I got it Ish."

"Are you sure?" I questioned. He gave me the glare that read that he was fully sure, and that I couldn't take no for an answer. "Thank you."

I gathered all my belongings, then went back over to Stephen. "Thank you for letting me come over yesterday," I said awkwardly, "and stuff," I smiled.

"Of course," he replied happily, "we should do it more often." He pulled me into a tight, warm embrace.  I took in his smell, taking a deep breath. "I'm being for real, you have my number," he murmured. I gave him a small smile and shook my head.

I looked up at him only to see him already glaring at me. His eyes flickered to my lips as he started to lean in. I closed my eyes as our lips came into contact. It's like these 5 years haven't happened, nothings changed. Our lips moved in movement as we both pulled away to grasp for air. He looked at me smiling causing me to only smile bigger.

"Have a good morning Wardell," I smiled heading towards the door.

"Trust me, it's good," I heard him say. I could picture his famous smirk forming on his face right now.

_________________
Thank you so much for reading!!
Make sure to vote, and leave a comment down below!!
💥