17

Cupping both of his cheeks, I press my lips against his, savoring the gasp that leaves his mouth when I do so

Cupping both of his cheeks, I press my lips against his, savoring the gasp that leaves his mouth when I do so. I swallow it and my mind turns hazy. I instantly want more. I slant my mouth over his, grabbing at his neck to pull him closer.

Nate's hands immediately find their way to my waist, the one zone I first showed him was okay to touch me, and I smile against his lips. I press myself closer to him and enjoy the way his lean body feels against mine. His large hands mindlessly squeeze my sides pulling me even closer. I smile again. Happiness is the main emotion I feel when I'm with Nate. Lust is a close second.

As I push my tongue against his, I am lit up once again at the response I get, all darkness around us forgotten. His hands press harder against my lower back and I am now flush against him. I wrap both of my arms around his neck and hold him close.

Our breathing has turned frantic. Our hands grab at each others clothing, my hands raking down his chest while his fingers graze the skin that has been exposed on my hips as my shirts hikes up for reaching for him. The only sounds heard around us are our smacking lips and random mangled sounds mixed with the crickets singing their nightly serenade.

When I pull back, Nate's lips are swollen and pink and his breath hits my face like the wings of a hummingbird. He's hunched over so his mouth is leveled with mine, his height engulfing me like a hug, and he straightens to catch his breath.

But I can't not touch him for long, the need to touch his skin too strong for me to hold back. I stand on my tip toes and graze my teeth against his sharp jaw, watching him as I do so, and I'm rewarded a carnal moan in the process.

I breathe in deeply, the smell of the pines around us wafting in the night air but Nate's clean laundried shirt takes the prize of the most intoxicating aroma. Lastly, I press a soft kiss at the base of his neck.

"Your heart's beating really fast," I say against his chest. He shivers at the feel of my warm breath hitting his bare skin. I feel his throat bob underneath my nose as he swallows. He doesn't say anything but instead works on steadying his breathing while I balance my weight against him.

I can feel his eyes on me, eyes that would see me looking back at him with the same adoration that shine in his. It makes an emotion that I'm not used to feeling rise in my throat.

Taking his hand in mine, I spread each individual finger out, playing momentarily with his forefinger and pinky, before placing it over my chest.

"Do you feel that?" I ask breath hitching in my throat at how vulnerable I am feeling at this moment. Nate swallows again and presses his hand firmer just below my shoulder with a shaky nod. "It beats like that whenever you're near me."

My heart beats like crazy whenever I even think of him, let alone when I am near him. It's a feeling I'd like to say I have given into or gotten used to but nothing beats the fluttery feeling in my chest whenever Nate comes to mind. My stomach gets twisted in firm knots and my breathing changes in a way that leaves me light headed. It's a good feeling--an amazing feeling-- and it isn't something that I am going to walk away from without a fight to feel like this every day of my life.