21

"Nate," I groan. My feet dangle over the side of his bed and my hair hangs over the other side, cascading down to the floor. I flip over and prop my hand under my chin and look at him. "I'm bored. Let's take a break."

"No breaks," Nate warns, his fingers tapping away at his computer.

"Please?"

He shakes his head and I fling my pencil at him lightly, hitting him on his slinged shoulder. He flinches in mock pain which sends my eyes rolling. His shoulder was bothering him again and he was instructed to use the sling for another week. To all of our misfortune, he is rather grumpy about it.

"I really need coffee, at least." I roll over on my back and look at him, upside down and grinning. His lips look harsh just by doing so, the healing skin stretching around the cuts as he laughs at me. But he still looks beautiful.

"Bring me one while you're at it." He's taunting me and I love it. I love how comfortable he has become with me. I finally know where we stand together and that information alone is life changing.

"You're no fun, boyfriend." I pout, acting like a ten year old. But I am going stir crazy sitting in Nate's dark room.

Nate's smile grows. It usually does when I call him this. Because that is what he is now. My adorable, funny, sexy, nerdy boyfriend.

We were about done with this project for Faunt's class and I almost didn't want to finish it because that would mean Nate would soon not be my bio partner. Just the thought of being paired with someone else made me wish college would come sooner so I didn't have to deal with unmotivated teenagers. Because no one was as motivated as Nathaniel Haynes.

"How far are you on the paper?" Nate asks, eyes lifting towards my face.

I hum as I skim my document. "Closing paragraph and that's all that's needed. How about you?"

"Just one more slide and I'm finished on my end, too."

"Alright." I sit back up and look dreamily out the window. The sun is shining and the cool wind is refreshing compared to the rain the passed few days. "Can we agree to disagree on taking a break. Maybe take Hannah on a walk? We're sure to finish this once and for all today. Please, Nathaniel?"

Nate's fingers pause over his keyboard and he seems to be thinking this over. I crawl over to him where he sat in his computer chair, still too shy to share the bed with me, and brace my weight on his knees.

When he doesn't answer, I lazily lean up and kiss his face with every plea. "Please, please, please, please, please." His eyes scrunch close when my lips hastily press just below his right eye and down to his nose, finishing with a peck on his chin.

"Fine," he groans right back. "You win. Grab the leash, woman."

I smile triumphantly and applaud his cave in with a swift kiss on his lips.

I jump off the floor and call for Hannah who is waiting patiently outside Nate's bedroom door, tail wagging and an equally enthusiastic smile on her face as well, as I hook the red harness around her.

Once outside, the fresh air cleanses my overwhelmed brain of all things midterm and homework related. Nate seems happy too as he bravely slips his hand into mine. I love that he did this because it was nice to know I wasn't the only one who craved contact whenever I can get it.

He's sporting his usual attire, blocking my view from his twinkling eyes as he grins down at me. His thumb contently rubs against my own as we are dragged by Hannah, who is as happy to be out of that house as Nate is.