CHAPTER ONE

~~~
THE KINGS ROAD
~~~

VALENCIA WAS NEVER ONE FOR LONG TRIPS

VALENCIA WAS NEVER ONE FOR LONG TRIPS. And the road to Winterfell was the longest trip she had ever been on. She had expected them to sail to White Harbour and ride the rest of the way, but her father insisted that they travel the entire Kingsroad on horse. Or in Valencia's case, a horse and wheelhouse.
For hours on end she was crammed between the Queens handmaidens, as well as her Lady's-in-waiting. Not to mention that Prince Tommen and Princess Myrcella decided that rather lounging on cushions that Valencia was far more comfortable.
Valencia had begged her father to let her ride horseback, he had permitted it until the reached the Trident in which he boasted over his famous victory over the Last Dragon, Rhaegar Targaryen. Valencia subtly leaned over her horse into the river, her deep eyes searching for the lost rubies of Rhaegar. However, the moment they passed the glorified battle ground, she was swept into the wheelhouse that smelt of fresh lavender and silk.

Valencia wanted to barf.

After days of journey, Valencia resumed her usual position of being half-sprawled over cushions, Myrcella and Tommen sitting next to her as she read them, A Dance of Dragons. Both Lannister children squirming with fear when Valencia would speak of the dragon, her voice dropping into a menacing growl when the dragons were mentioned. Young Tommen sat beside her while Myrcella sat in her lap, something neither were allowed to do, but Valencia encouraged it anyway. Their mother often tried to seperate the two groups of children, her opinions on bastards - even when legitimated - was rather crude.
"Ser Alfred Broomem, and his men killed Rhaenyra's soldiers and captured her along and her son Aegon the Younger. She faced her half-brother Aegon II and his dragon, Sunfyre the Golden, who had been injured from the battle between, Vhagar, and Meley. Aegon fed Rhaenyra to Sunfyre in front of her son, Aegon."

"Stop, it's too scary," Tommen whined, burying his chubby face into Valenica's arm. 

Valencia couldn't help but chuckle lightly as she reaches over and patted his thick blonde hair.
"Don't be frightened, Tommen. The dragons are long gone, and the Dance of Dragon's ended long before that." She soothed, stroking his hair gently. Tommen moved back and looked up to Valencia with big green eyes as he shook his head.

"Not all the dragons are gone, I've seen the ones in the cellars. They're scary," he whispered as Myrcella stirred in Valencia's lap, she had fallen asleep while Valencia read the Fall of Dragonstone. Her blonde head was leant against Valencia's chest, her angelic-like snores mere whispers. 

Valencia chuckled and spoke, "those are just skulls, Tommen. And what were you doing in the cellars?" 

Tommen's cheeks grew into a queer pink. "Joffrey said that I was a coward if I didn't go down there, he said he would skin Ser Pounce if I didn't do it," he whimpered, Valencia felt pity for the boy, he was always much more sensitive than that of his brother and sister, especially his older brother who was as cruel as the Mountain.