CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

~~~
THE RETURN OF A SWORD
~~~

VALENCIA DIDN'T WANT TO GO BACK TO HER TENT AND FACE ROBB

VALENCIA DIDN'T WANT TO GO BACK TO HER TENT AND FACE ROBB. But one way or another, she knew she would have to. They weren't finished, and the truth had to come full circle, it was inevitable.
No way in her mind did she believe Robb and his lies, himself and Talisa did not just share a kiss, for it never is, not with married men. Robb, just like any other man has urges, just as Valencia who was a woman does. But she never went to another seeking the soothe of her deepest pleasures, she never cheated on Robb. But despite Robb's denial, she knew that it was more than a kiss, whether he lied with her or not, Valencia needed to know the full story.

Her cheeks were flushed as she entered the same tent herself and Robb shared before she left for Storm's End. Her body felt light and it was if she could float away, but the only thing keeping her down was the bubbling anger in her heart.

Robb was already waiting for her, sitting on one of the chairs by the fire. His armour was gone, leaving him in a leather doublet, pants, and boots, his auburn hair thick and curly as always.

It pained Valencia to remember just how handsome he was.

She swallowed thickly upon meeting his eyes. Turning, she closed the canvas to the tent, wishing for more privacy than they could afford. In that time, her breathing began to escalate to an erratic growl, her skin becoming piping hot. But Valencia tried to calm herself, even if it was difficult. 

Turning around, she spoke. "I want the full story Robb, no lies. You owe me that much, not just as your wife but as your friend." She heard rustling behind her as Robb stood from the bed and approached her.

"I've told you the full story," he was close to her, his tone thick with a plea.

Valencia chuckled without humour and turned around, her face pulled into a smile that held no happiness.

"Then why don't I believe you?" She shrugged, her features contorting into an angered gaze that radiated with pure fury. "Why does everything you've said to me since I returned sound like a lie?"

Robb reached out to touch her but she sidestepped him.

"Robb," she warned, her voice breaking ever so softly. "Please, please just tell me the truth. Did you sleep with her?"

Valencia had never heard the camp become so quiet. Normally it would be rustling with noise, whether it be drunk men searching for a woman, or the loud snorts of horses outside. But tonight it was as quiet as a mouse, barely a murmur moved into the King and Queen's tent.

Then Robb finally spoke. "Yes"

The taste of poison bit deep into Valencia's tongue, and she suddenly felt pure anger, sadness, annoyance, all rolled into one, cutting into her skin, kicking, punching and scratching until her skin was no more. She wanted to look Robb in the eye and scream, scream until her throat turned raw, until her vocal cords were nothing but flimsy strings. She wanted to hit him, but she knew better, despite her temper growing and growing. She closed her eyes, trying not to look at him, only as images of Robb and Talisa together, no doubt in her bed, doing as Robb and Valencia had a desired to do.