CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

~~~
HUSBAND AND WIFE
~~~

A/NMost of this chapter will be in Robb's perspective

A/N
Most of this chapter will be in Robb's perspective.

IT WAS ROBB THAT DISCOVERED THE UNCONSCIOUS PRINCESS. He was returning late from an inspection on the camp and making sure everything was going well. He expected to find Valencia awake, sitting down with the Riverrun maester, having her wounds looked over and treated.

He hadn't anticipated to find her out cold on the stone floor.

Robb's heart leapt out of his chest, his fingers went numb, his feet racing to meet Valencia. Dropping to his knees, he grabbed hold of her and pulled her into his lap, running his hands over her face, his hands were met with warm, crimson blood. The left side of her face was sleek with blood, and Robb soon realised that she was naked beneath her cloak. Without hesitation, Robb hooked her around him and stood, he raced to the maester Vyman's chambers, bursting inside without knocking, scaring the withered old man.

"My Lord, what in Seven Hells?" Exclaimed maester Vyman, though his tone trailed off once seeing Valencia asleep in Robb's arms. "Quick, put her here," he quietly ordered gesturing for a wooden bench as he hastily grabbed his medicines.
Robb gently laid her down, making sure to keep her covered with her cloak to allow her some dignity. His hand ran through her hair worriedly, his eyes flickering to her face, inspecting her.

"You should leave, my Lord," instructed the maester. "I will need to fully assess her."

Robb's nostrils flared as he glared at the old man. "I'm not leaving her," he snapped, Vyman held his tongue and nodded.
Robb watched Vyman carefully as he took Valencia's face in his hands, tilting her head to the side so he could properly see the damage done. "Why has she not seen me about this already?" Clipped the maester, his tone annoyed. Robb did not know what to say, he assumed she had after their small argument in the Great Hall. Robb blamed himself for not making sure she was truly alright.

"I don't know," he murmured.

The entire night consisted of Robb blaming himself for the hurt Valencia was in. I shouldn't have let her go, he snapped at himself, I should have made sure she went straight to the maester, he continued.

This night had truly become the worst night of Robb Stark's life, aside from the guilt he felt from sending 1,100 men to their deaths, and blaming himself for Valencia's pain, he hated how he could only watch as Maester Vyman stripped Valencia, baring herself naked to the old man and Robb.
He hated seeing her like that, so vulnerable and exposed, surely if she was awake she'd kill Vyman before she'd let him touch her, let alone strip her naked. Robb had shouted at the maester for doing such a thing, but the only thing the old man could say was it needed to be done to asses any damage that had been done. That hadn't made Robb feel any better. She was his, and only he should see her in such a barren way, just as only she could see him in all his nakedness. But the second the maester took his attention away from her torso, Robb covered her up in the cloak once more.