CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

~~~
LORD STARK
~~~

EDDARD STARK'S DEATH STRUCK HARD IN THE NORTH

EDDARD STARK'S DEATH STRUCK HARD IN THE NORTH. Even those who didn't know him were saddened by his death, the Lord's who knew him best were remaining strong, despite just how crippling Eddard's death was. Valencia had hardly known him, and yet, her heart strained for his death, but mostly for his son, Robb.
When discovering his father's death, Robb dismissed the boy and became intentionally quiet. Valencia had tried to talk to him, to get him to respond, but Robb belonged to his own world. What had been a perfect day, was ruined by the murderous boy Joffrey, the source of all their problems.

For some time Robb had remained quiet, sitting at their dining table, his fist connected to his lips in deep thought. Valencia kneeled beside him, gently rubbing his arm comfortingly while murmuring gentle words. She knew he did not listen. Soon after, he dressed himself in his armour, took his sword and left without another word.

At first, Valencia did not decide to find him. Until realisation came that there were multiple captives of the Lannister army in the dungeons of Riverrun, she didn't believe that Robb would seek revenge against mere soldiers, though she had been wrong before, and she feared that Robb could do such a thing.
Tearing off her nightgown, she slipped into a pair of pants and threw on one of Robb's tunics with great struggle before she shrugged on her wolf cloak and boots before sprinting out of their room. Pain shrugging up her legs with every step she took.

She raced out of there room, desperately trying to find the dungeons below her, she eventually asked a servant to escort her, which they did no questions asked.
Hurrying beneath the cold under ground lair, Valencia ran passed cells of wounded, squealing men who were cursing her name. She ignored them and searched for pained screams.

She found none.

Robb had beaten her suspicions and had not come looking for revenge against Lannister soldiers.

Finding her way to the surface, she began wandering through the camp, her body language restricted and her voice quiet, her eyes desperately searching for her husband.

She had not know Lord Eddard very well, but she felt as if she had. She remembered how her father would tell her stories of his rebellion, with Ned at his side. He described him so valiantly and noble, she had wished to meet him, and when she was in Winterfell and scolded herself from not speaking with him more. She wished she had, he was her father-by law meaning they were family, one way or another. She remembered a short encounter they had when her father and Ned had announced the betrothal only to Robb and Valencia, he had been so kind.

~~~MANY MONTHS AGO~~~

THE WIND CLIPPED AT HER EXPOSED CHEEKS. Valencia walked along the battlements of Winterfell, her gloved hands rubbing together to generate some heat. Her mind was cloudy with love, her eyes dreamy and her heart throbbing from the thoughts of her Jon Snow. Her body tingled with the remembrance of Jon holding her through the night, despite their brief interruption of her horrible dream of the Targaryen's. She churned for more affection from him, but she understood that Jon was incredibly reserved, and had no doubt never been with a woman before, not that Valencia particularly minded.