CHAPTER TWO

~~~
FIGHTING BREED
~~~

VALENCIA AWOKE WITH A COOL BREEZE ON HER NECK

VALENCIA AWOKE WITH A COOL BREEZE ON HER NECK. Glancing to her left, she saw her window ajar, her blankets of fur pulled to her throat,  the small chirps of songbirds chimed as they sun in the morning light. She could feel the warmth of the sun peak through the cracks in the shutters, creating streams of golden light over her thick blankets, and the pelt that was smoothed over her body. She felt a glimmer of happiness creep inside her stomach, willing a smile onto her full lips before she rolled onto her stomach and curled up next to her pillow.
She wished to stay in bed all morning, and managed to get another hour of sleep before an interrupting knock at the door disrupted her solitude and with a low groan, she snapped the blankets back and sat up, ready to prepare for the day knowing she would have to get up sooner or later.

"Come in," she called pressing her spine against the bed's back board, her hands resting in her lap. The door opened and a familiar brunette popped her head inside, her eyes puffy from sleep and her hair running down her back in soft waves.

"Good morning," Lilith beamed moving inside. She was already dressed in a soft cream dress, plain yet fitting that brought out the caramel bronze of her skin. A cloak of black nestled nicely on her shoulders keeping her warm against the morning cold, a pretty silver pendant clasping the ebony cloak together at her throat. 

"Good morning to you also, care to tell me why you're here?" Asked Valencia her hand rising into her hair and giving her scalp a small scratch. Normally, Lilith wouldn't come to wake Valencia until breakfast was about to be served, mostly so the both of them could get a better sleep in, but Lilith was already up before the birds stopped singing which was considerably unusual.

Lilith shrugged and sat on the edge of the bed, leaning on the heels of her palms, a tiny smirk on her lips. "What did you get up to last night when I left?" She teased. "That handsome Robb Stark was certainly a flirt, was he not?"

Valencia's lips curled into a a smile. "Nothing happened," she chuckled shaking her head. "He is quite handsome I will admit, though."

Lilith tilted her head a coy smile gracing her lips. "Funny, from what I heard you two were all over each other." Her fingers touched her cheeks. "A few kisses here and there the servants tell me."

"Oh, Gods no!" She exclaimed. "I may have kissed his cheek, but that was all. And besides, wine makes me affectionate." Even despite her words claiming nothing had happened, the blush that pressed against her skin shimmered with unheard secrets that Lilith caught instantly.

"If not Robb, then who?" She asked straightening up. 

A lump formed into Valencia's throat at the thought of Jon Snow. Those piercing eyes of his that could stare into her soul and see the nakedness of her insides, he was incredibly handsome and humble, all while keeping the humbleness of the North. Oh, how she wanted to see him again, even if just for a moment. "Well," she drawled. "I'll admit I wasn't with him the whole night."