CHAPTER TWENTY

~~~
CRACK
~~~

VALENCIA COULD HOLD A STRONG GRUDGE

VALENCIA COULD HOLD A STRONG GRUDGE. And Robb more than once had been on the receiving ends of one of her grudges. Valencia viewed their small argument as childish, but considering the circumstances they were in, she had full rights to be angry. She wanted Robb to see that not everyone could be trusted, that they had to be careful on who they let live. But he was trying so hard to be like his father, to be merciful, and honest, and honourable. But honour only got you so far in life.

Robb was right, she didn't trust anyone. But how could she? She grew up around liars, and those who would deceit her. How could she trust anyone who would lie to her? She refused to apologise, for she was not in the wrong, she was to prideful to admit such a thing.

Robb had distanced himself from her, even on the nights heading towards the Twins, he wouldn't go to their tent and sleep in their bed. Valencia noticed his absence on the first night as she shivered underneath the cold blankets. Not that she completely minded, because in their most intimate moments when he'd hold her beneath their blankets, or when he'd kiss her soft skin and make her giggle with tingles, she couldn't stay mad at him, even when she wanted to.

But that didn't mean she didn't miss him.

She truly did, not just the affection he gave her, but when he was truly her friend. They could talk about anything, and that was the best thing about Robb, he provided her with a comfort of friendship that came so easily and quickly. He was a good man, he was, but Valencia often feared she would tarnish that goodness with her stubborn, rash ways. Like this war, in truth they both had reasons, but sometimes she felt as if she forced him into it. Valencia refused her own selfish desire for the throne being the true reason why she wanted to rebel against the Lannister's, when in truth, that may have been the exact reason.

But now, as she truly recalled all the things she had done to Robb, she distinctly remembered how she choose Jon over Robb. That would forever haunt her. She had chosen someone who didn't want her, not truly, then Robb wanted her, he cared for her in a time when she didn't want to return the feelings. And now, her memory of Jon Snow had faded and Robb replaced every smile, every touch, every kiss with a new memory of what love is supposed to feel like.

Valencia wondered if she did love Robb, or if she could learn to love him. He had always been by her side, if felt wrong to imagine him not with her, nor her with him.

When they first met, she rejected the marriage, but now, she was glad she married the firstborn son of Eddard Stark. For there was no man she wished to marry more than him.

After days of long travel, and narrowly avoiding her husband, Valencia along with the Northern host arrived at the Twins. Only to find the gates shut and Walder Frey hauled up in his towers.

Valencia stood outside, along with everyone else, though herself and Lilith stood a little away from everyone else. Today, they were shooting down the ravens that flew from the enormous towers in case any were to signify Tywin Lannister of their whereabouts. Theon shot down raven after raven, and so far, none of them raised any red flags.